Your favorite fish?

Kizmar

#derpface
I still am looking for another fish or two and a small group of schooling fish... So...

What's your favorite reef-safe community fish that you have in your tank?

My favorite is my tail-spot blenny - full of personality! If you're looking for a school, I'd suggest the black axil chromis - they are like the blue-green chromis but I think their color is more vibrant.

i like mandarins. tangs...niger triggers are cool but most people wouldnt trust them with there corals although ive known a few people with niger triggers in there reef tank and they said the triggers never harmed the corals.
its a coin toss.

I love my foxface :) He's my most favoritest fishie! Next to him, I actually love my banggaii...but I've heard not everyone's banggaiis have personality.

What is your current stock list? A dwarf angel would be a great choice, and in a 120, you could even do a Potters

My fish page is up to date, other then I mislabeled the first wrasse; it's a Tamarin Wrasse (black tail). I'm fairly limited because of my current stock, so it's getting harder to find just the right fish.

I have been combing through the wrasse family, including eyeballing the Potters. :) I'd love to get a Dusky Wrasse, but haven't seen one anywhere.

I've also been going back and forth on either a small school of Chromis or Cardinals.

Can you post a pic of your wrasse - those tamarin wrasses are super rare and cost around $800-900 each!

I'll try to get a picture tomorrow, they're all sleeping right now. In the mean time, this picture I found is VERY close to what it looks like:
Redtail_Tamarin_Wrasse.jpg
The only differences I would say mine has from this picture, is the top fin does have small black spots (but is mostly white like this), and the bottom fin has small white spots, but is mostly black (opposite of the top fin). The tip of the tail on mine is black like this one.

I paid like $50 for mine.

I'll try to get a picture tomorrow, they're all sleeping right now. In the mean time, this picture I found is VERY close to what it looks like:
View attachment 15230
The only differences I would say mine has from this picture, is the top fin does have small black spots (but is mostly white like this), and the bottom fin has small white spots, but is mostly black (opposite of the top fin). The tip of the tail on mine is black like this one.

I paid like $50 for mine.

Thanks! I was thinking of the blue stripped tamarin that's so expensive... that's what I get for opening my big mouth and then lookin' like a fool 'cause I don't know what I'm talking about lol

I was reading a book and I have seen beautiful pictures of fox face rabbitifsh. They are reef-friendly with caution though, but they are not agressive. Just be careful when you put your hand in the tank they do have poisonous tanks but what hurt other fish or intend to hurt you.

Back