zoa frags

Ashna

Reefing newb
ahhh im gettin so ticked off my crabs keep pulling my zoa frags under the rocks!! how do i make them stay

Super glue GEL its magic stuff!

Make sure you get several tubes and really pile it on the bottom of the frag then hold it on the rock where you want it to stay for about 30 seconds.

Super glue GEL its magic stuff!

Make sure you get several tubes and really pile it on the bottom of the frag then hold it on the rock where you want it to stay for about 30 seconds.

Is this regular super glue or special glue you get at a LFS? My hermits I just got knocked off 3 of my corals. Damn them!

I can vouch. I super glued my fingers together the other day, wasted half my absolut vodka trying to get it off, still ripped half my thumb off. But was worth it! no more face down frags! :D

lol i bought a tuber at walmart for 6 bucks! and i glues my zoas to a rock and now im nervous! im scared there gonna die :'( but on the up note..... how long do they usually take before they start growing?

Is this regular super glue or special glue you get at a LFS? My hermits I just got knocked off 3 of my corals. Damn them!

I get the crazy glue brand, I tried the knock off brand and its not as good and the tubes suck. The crazy glue brand really knows how to make the tubes with the tops.

totally tank safe! Dont be shy with the glue though. The outside layer will cure instantly when it hits the water, so you kinda want a bubble that you can pop and slosh around on the desired surface

what about mushroom frags? can you glue them down? i just fragged then the other day and i got them in a frag cup and there looking good :)

mushrooms dont glue so well because they get all slimy. Its easier to rubber band them to a rock and place that in a cup so they can attach to rock on their own.

I guess if the hermit crabs don't keep knocking them off they would latch on. Going to stop by Wal-mart to get some super glue gel. Man, this hobby is expensive! This weekend I spent $110 on coral. In the past two days I've spend $40 at my LFS. This weekend I'm spending another $60. That's $210 in ONE week! Looks like I will have to skip my truck payment this month and cut back on buying diapers. Sorry son, daddy have to spend money on his fish tank. :)

Stop keeping track or it's gunna stress you out lol. I quit a while ago because I thought about all the other stuff I coulda spent my money on. But when it all said and done...it's worth it....if I told you I've gone through about 40 tubes of super glue gel in this first year would u believe me? That's just a guess...

Out of all the brands, I like the Loctite super glue gel the best. The container it comes in is easier to work with than the tubes.

Back