180g On its way :D

Hahaha, im so buying the ocean as my tank ;) maybe one day this will be possible? and we can add heaters and create our own reefs :D tehehehe

Then I could keep a great white and show the aquariums they are just doing it wrong

I think this is cooler than your average ocean!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IExF0NO1e7w]YouTube - ‪Atlantis marine world's 20,000 gallon reef‬‏[/ame]

hahaha the update is im now going to every single shop to see what tank I want :D

I want a 6ft rimless, but waht about the stand hrmm, anyone want to post there full tanks including stands so I can se edifferent ones?

Alright, update here, went to my LFS and he is pricing up a rimless 6x2x2 with a 5 ft sump and starfire glass at the front :D

Im also looking at these lights

Vertex Illumina SR1600 - 1500mm / 400w

Soooo, it should be awesome!

The skimmer is going to be a deltec skimmer which is meant to be top of the range. The powerhead is going to be tunze powerheads in rocks because from what ive been told about vertech powerheads are that they SUCK, they rot away from the water and also are extremely loud, all accounts i heard in person is that they arent that great.

So this tank is in the running.

Btw Dennis, Im steeling your stand stain :D I think it looks awesome and thats what I want for my tank

Sounds like it's going to be a sweet setup Josh. Those Deltec skimmers look nice, are you going to get the auto cup cleaner too?

I dont even know how that auto cup cleaner is. But it sounds cool!

I also bought to sps corals tonight and a male green mandarin for my female mandarin :D

Ill get some pics up soon of the sps and the male

No, you have the same swimming space just less swimming length. And if that's really a concern, that just means you need a bigger cube!
I like the way you think, sir! :Cheers: :mrgreen:

Alright, update here, went to my LFS and he is pricing up a rimless 6x2x2 with a 5 ft sump and starfire glass at the front :D

Im also looking at these lights

Vertex Illumina SR1600 - 1500mm / 400w

Soooo, it should be awesome!

The skimmer is going to be a deltec skimmer which is meant to be top of the range. The powerhead is going to be tunze powerheads in rocks because from what ive been told about vertech powerheads are that they SUCK, they rot away from the water and also are extremely loud, all accounts i heard in person is that they arent that great.

So this tank is in the running.

Btw Dennis, Im steeling your stand stain :D I think it looks awesome and thats what I want for my tank
This sounds awesome. Your sump is bigger than most people's main displays! :D

Hahaha that it is dennis! This nice big sump will provide lots of water and space for a massive fug and skimmer. I hope you dont mind me stealing your stand coloring ;) it looks too good to pass up!

That sounds pretty awesome, ill have to make sure I add that in :) Thanks Brian.

I hope you dont mind me stealing your stand coloring ;) it looks too good to pass up!

Nope, go for it. :D
Around here you can't get that color in a can. I'm not sure what my stand builder used, but for some other projects i did i had to mix Ebony and Mahogany to get that color.

Thats good to know, ill pass it on, it will suit my furniture as well, which is awesome :D

New tanks are so exciting

Will do, ill be updating this thread as it goes :)

but this is nearly half the size of what your looking at!

haha which one?

im getting a 5ft vortex illumina I believe it is and that thing is 4.5k and that IS the leading brand. It simulates sunrise, all through to sunset and moonlight habits and so forth. Even does lightning :S

So 1k for the top on a tank twice the size seems pretty cheap

Back