Adding Cleanup Crew

bk6662

Reefing newb
Hello all!

They have a "Build Your Own Reef Cleaner" special on Liveaquaria.com. It allows you to select a minimum of $60 in cleaners and other inverts, to get free shipping. (URL: Easy Buy Bundles - Build Your Own Reef Cleaner Package )

Would that be too much for my 60 cube? Since it "cycled" I've added 3 hermits and 3 snails so far. I'm guessing I would be pushing it, if I went and added a bunch of inverts just because I'm getting what looks like a good deal. Or is this not really even that great of a deal?

I'm guessing to meet the minimum requirement I would only need to add about 6 hermits, 6 snails, an emerald crab, and a few others. Looking at the "Fighting Conch (Strombus alatus) - any opinions on that one?

Thanks!
-bk

ReefCleaners.org | Clean Up Crews and Macro Algae is where I got my CUC and I know a lot of people here did as well. He has various sizes of tanks already put together. Its a fair price, he is very nice they arrive in no time and you dont have to worry if you are getting the right thing. I personally dont have any hermit crabs because I dont want them to murder my snails

I should have clarified - my concern is about adding too many inverts at once. I know my tank will support them, but will adding them all together be too much for it?

Thanks Marines_Wife for the link - will definitely look them over and see what they have to offer. Actually their prices are better; even if I end up paying for shipping!

If your talking about bio load, yes they do add to bioload, but not nearly as much as a fish does.
But it shouldnt really be a problem adding them all at once.

Thanks Marines_Wife for the link - will definitely look them over and see what they have to offer. Actually their prices are better; even if I end up paying for shipping!

For comparison I live in Dana Point Im on the very edge of Orange County bordering San Diego County. It was still cheaper to buy from there. However since you are a San Diego reefer I strongly suggest you check out www.sdreefs.com for local reefing help and supplies. For your fish I suggest you go through my guy Larry, he personally makes LA runs and hand picks everything you want from the wholesalers. His prices are amazing, and time and again he delivers amazing product that is notorious for being healthy and exactly what you want. There are a few stores I would STRONGLY suggest NOT going to but with Larry your always safe.

For comparison I live in Dana Point Im on the very edge of Orange County bordering San Diego County. It was still cheaper to buy from there. However since you are a San Diego reefer I strongly suggest you check out www.sdreefs.com for local reefing help and supplies. For your fish I suggest you go through my guy Larry, he personally makes LA runs and hand picks everything you want from the wholesalers. His prices are amazing, and time and again he delivers amazing product that is notorious for being healthy and exactly what you want. There are a few stores I would STRONGLY suggest NOT going to but with Larry your always safe.

I hope this isn't the same Larry (LarryM) who just passed away? :shock: attention!!! prayers needed!!

Crabs and snails are free bees and dont count towards your bio load. I wouldnt worry about anything other than the crabs taking the snails shells as they get larger. Try to stay with only blue leg or scarlets for the friendly factor and conch's are great as long as they dont get too big.

Crabs and snails are free bees and dont count towards your bio load. I wouldnt worry about anything other than the crabs taking the snails shells as they get larger. Try to stay with only blue leg or scarlets for the friendly factor and conch's are great as long as they dont get too big.

They do count towards it....
Anything that poops, counts.

Then your rock counts as well and that would limit what else goes in the tank. Fish are the big poop factor as that's what you feed, the other stuff can shelf sustain on whats in the tank after its established... 2 different kinds of food and poop

Riiiiiight.
Obviously rock counts now, my apoligies o great one.
I will not question your amazing abilities again..........

Back