Algae scrubber problems

Justinb2188

Reefing newb
ok so i last thursday i started up the algae scrubber and i had the plugs in the wrong outlets so it was getting a 24 hour light cycle instead of 18/6 ok and now im on a couple days and i dont see to much growth like little specs here and there if you look real close but thats about it so i was wondering if it was just because of the 24 hour lights running??? or what my problem would be i have the twisty lights 75watt one on each sideabout 4-6 inches away

Might be waterflow over it as well, a picture would tell us a lot more than a few lines, shoot a photo so we can get a better look at things. P.S. I dont think the lights running 24 hours would be a problem, they might not be getting enough light but without pictures theres no telling, Also, did you start it up by roughing the plastic and roughly scrubbing some algae on it? It may not be seeded well and may take some time to develop if so.

Ok at work pic will have to wait but ya maybe water.flow I roughed up the screen prett good I think I could try rubbing some live algae from my tank on the screen

No, you dont actually have to rub it on there. But i agree, a picture would be really nice. But im guessing you have either, not enough flow, or the lights arent positioned right.

Back