all MP10 owners

Scots_art

Reefing newb
i am after some advice , opinions from those of you who use the Vortech MP10.

i am wanting to use one in my tank upgrade for the following reasons.

Less bulk in the tank , cleaner look , ample settings.

now the one thing that i have seen , but one thing i am struggling to find is a video of an MP10 on its own.

i am wandering how much noise is produced , as a lot of comments here in the UK would give the impression that they are over priced , over rated and some say they cant wait to chuck it in the trash.

surely they cant be that noisy ?.

so i am wandering does anyone , or can anyone take a short video of an MP10 in action with no other powerheads running ?.

cheers

I have a mp10 in my tank with no other powerheads, and read the same thing before I bought it...but, I can't hear it at all. And it may be a lil pricey, but to me, it's well worth it. You can see the videos on their website ( ecotechmarine.com ) I believe.

While I agree that they are expensive, they aren't overrated. I've tried many different brands of less expensive powerheads in an attempt not to spend the money on Vortechs for my tank. These things move walls of water, unlike any of the other powerheads I've used. They do make some noise, but other things for my tank are louder, so I don't notice them

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vkGaGgUmnU]Vortech MP10 Wave - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niHDuZ2zi-4]Vortech MP10 ES Wave Demonstration.AVI - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkphpIJJbUg&playnext=1&list=PL551E665426D933A0&feature=results_main]♋ Vortech MP10 Wave Maker on FULL POWER in Nano Cube wavemaker - YouTube[/ame]

sorry i should have said better , i am not after videos of what it can do.
as lets face it hardly anyone is likely to run a tank with that little a water so they can go surfing in their tank lol.
the 2nd video is to much background noise.
and the 3rd video has music over it .

I am after a video with no sound editing , no background noise like a show in a large hall where sound is already altered.
but was looking for a video of someone who has one on there tank in a home.

as i have v sensitive hearing as it is , and the tank is right behind my headboard.
so i was after a rough idea in sound / type of sound given off. as some sounds i can adapt to so they do not bother me as much , and i enjoy listening to a hummmm of an aquarium.

Last edited:
i can remember watching the 3rd video last year some time , and feeling sorry for the fish in the tank. just a tad ott in that size tank lol.

try looking up "Newyork Steelo" on youtube. He has alot of great videos on MP10's and 40's and other different topics

all this talk of MP10s has made me want one. Going to have to save up some cash though :(

Did find this while searching youtube

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nL3NMloBxk]Mp10 ES - YouTube[/ame]

ah ha thats just the job johanson.

Talking to a few MP 10 owners here in the UK it seems to be every other person who hates there MP10 and thinks they should be a lot cheaper than they are.
and they say they make a hell of a noise , but the noise seems to depend on if you have installed it correctly or not.

but that is it , i will be saving up as many points as possible now to put towards getting money off the MP10.

Noise is all relative. If the only pump you have on your tank is the MP10, then it might seem noisy. However, with the return pump, skimmer pump, fan for the lighting, etc., then the noise isn't that much.

ah thats just it i dont have a return pump , skimmer , or fan.
i wouldnt say noise is all relative as such , it all depends on your hearing as to what you find annoying , and the type of noise produced.

My recent PC that i built is silent even to my hearing , when used as a normal system for every day things , and even when i am gaming the noise produced is a whisper to what my last system was , and even quieter than mom's system bought brand new from a store.

It'll turn to white noise and you'll learn to sleep with it. My hubby can't sleep in a quiet room. He likes some white noise. We actually travel with a small fan just so he can have white noise LOL

It's a small hum that the pump makes, mostly because the motor is outside the tank. If you aren't running a return pump or a skimmer, you'll probably be able to hear it near the tank. I have to get pretty close to my MP40's to hear them

hum sound is ok , it is not so annoying to my hearing.
infact i like a gentle hum noise , i often wish my new gaming pc was not as quiet,,, it is now 3 months old but i still find my self checking if it is working as it is so quiet lol.

but that is fine a hum i can live with :D.

but it does seem as though it all depends on how you set it up , as some here in the UK are saying theres rattle , vibrate and having read the info on the MP's that suggests they have not lined it up properly / used the rubber padding bit.

Back