Biffy Finally Gets a Build Thread!

This new e-romance will only break Tangent's heart even more... I don't think he'll ever recover from his tragic breakup with Doc's Cosine... :cry:

I'm going need NoobDeBiff to help me carry her in the house, since she'll need to be transported in a 10 gallon tub or something. She won't fit in a 5 gallon bucket. NDB's next day off is Monday, so hopefully then. I wouldn't be able to carry it on my own.

10 gal is only 70 lbs biff. Have an employee carry it to the car. You should be able to carry it from the car to the house. What do you net something of that size with any ideas?

I expect a lot of pics biff-ster. A vlamingi is nothing to keep to yourself. Glad you got her

-Doc

I have no idea how I'm going to move her from the tub to the tank. I've been thinking about that today. It seems I only have two options: grab her with my hands (GROSS!!!!!), or empty as much of the tub's water as I can, then dump her from the tub into the tank. Both methods would be pretty stressful for her, I think.

Any ideas? Alexander, how do you move Jack around?

Actually, I have a random idea.

1. Get some cheesecloth (or something similar that is just as soft), and place it in the bottom of the tub.

2. Fill tub with water and big-ass fish

3. Take tub home, place next to your tank.

4. Pull up cheesecloth by corners, trapping fish. Water will remain in tub, fish will not.

5. Put cloth/fish in tank, let go of the corners, remove cheesecloth, the fish remains.

That's what I would do, given my rationale and budget.

EDIT: In the scenario in my head, this would include removing water from the tub once you got home, and replacing it with your tank water and acclimating the fish, of course. You'd just have to do this in the tub rather than in your own tank. Water out, water in, no biggie.

Last edited:
that fish is gonna make one big splash! Get those electrical outlets covered and your cloth and windex ready for the outside glass.

I always put jjack in a 15 gallon tub..... fill it for transport, empty it as much as I can and get one or 2 ppls help hovering it as close to the waters surface as possible. and very gently let the fish slide in the water.... there will be a small splash if you do it right, but nothing to write home about. because of the fin/scalpel cunstruction of tangs I ALWAYS avoid nets and cloth so they don't injur the fish by possibly getting caught up in it. and there is no way I will grab a tang with my bare hands. being a scaleless fish they are not as protected and can easily catch disease or injury. I only recommend my method but feel free to do something else if you would like

Back