BL1's 75g upgrade

I love it! One of my hermits has a shell that is covered in tiny red feather dusters... I think it's hilarious for some reason...

I won a picture contest last month on my local reef forum, here were the prizes I won and picked up yesterday.

Huge 3 color Monti
MontiMH.jpg

Here's a top down shot of it to see how big it is
Montitopdown.jpg

I had a few little pieces break off in transport so, we'll see if I can grow them out
Montipieces.jpg

Multi-color Brain
DSC_0986.jpg

Color Mushrooms
Mushrooms.jpg

Over the past week I've managed to take my skimmer down, put on an overflow, and setup a sump, ATO reservoir, and cleaned up all the cables under my tank. I just need to get my ATO working and figure out how I'm going to build my algae scrubber and I'll be all set!
DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

And of course since nothing can be easy in this hobby, my 20L didn't actually fit so, I had to be creative. I've got some lumber that I'm going to use to reinforce and patch that hole up with.
DSC_0066.jpg

Unfortunately, I think either some sawdust made it's way into the tank or, just all the commotion going on around the tank caused all my fish to stress out because over the course of 2 days, I lost most of my fish to a bacterial infection. I think my FF is struggling now too because he's been hiding for the past 3 days and I haven't seen him. Hopefully him and my wrasse pull through though because they were some expensive fish :(

Here's a pic of the sump too, after I finished siliconing it. I made the first section big enough to accommodate most of the popular skimmer models. The second section has some live rock and will be where I place the algae scrubber. and I just used eggcrate to separate the last two sections since I don't have any sand or chaeto in the middle.
DSC_1556.jpg

Looks really nice but dang that sucks to lose livestock. Hope the other fish pull through for ya. Btw that looks like alot of work!! Very nice tho

Thanks, it definitely was a ton of work it took me the better part of a week just to get everything under the stand, set it up, and get everything running.

Back