can i put a blenny and goby together

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
i have like i mentioned befor a orange spotted goby basically a sandsifter cuold i add a lawnmower blenny too they seem somewhat similar would they be aggresive toward each other

also any toughts on pistol shrimp i know the goby will be "friends' with it but will it kill my peppermint shrimp

Someone on here has had problems with a lawnmover and goby getting along.Personally,I would try a different blenny to go with the goby-still there is no real guarantee.

There are several gobies with a nickname of orange spot.The diamond(orangespot)goby is a sand sifter.All the sand sifters don't have a symbiotic relation with pistol shrimps.There are many shrimp gobies that do though.

I've got a sand sifter Goby & a Starry Blenny together for about 1 1/2 months now. The Goby made a nice cavern for himself under the rocks. The Blenny has claimed a nice pocket in the rocks at the top of the tank. They both actually free swim in the tank together and are doing well so far.

Like a lot of fish, some will beat the other one to death and some will not. Best thing to do is ask the LFS if they can put two of them together in a small container and feed them a little and see if they go at it.

Back