coral

newtoit

Reefing newb
I would like to add coral in a few weeks to my aquarium. what would you all recommend for a beginner coral? I have one six line wrasse and my light is a coralife 50/50 actinic 03 is this ok for coral? Im not really sure how to put it in the tank i read that some people glue them and some just stick it in the live rock what is the best way? Sorry for all the questions i just want to make sure its done right!

You will need stronger lights to keep corals, i would look into a t5 set or a metal halide pendant to keep corals.

Sorry, but that light is fine for a fish only tank, but if you want to keep corals, you will have to upgrade lights. Corals are photosynthetic and need much stronger light than most other animals.

What is the length of your tank? We can help you find a good set of lights.

That light will be good enough for you to keep any coral you wanted down the line... But I would recommend starting off with soft corals or LPS (large polyp stony) corals. Stuff like leathers, mushrooms, zoanthids are softies. LPS include hammers, torches, frogspawns, candy canes and brains.

If your like me then you will love zoanthids. There's so many different kinds and they're pretty easy to keep. Make sure your tank is pretty stable first.

Back