Fish Advice

FishyReef

Broke Reefer!
As you might know, I added 3 fairy wrasses to my tank last week - 2 males and 1 female. The female was being bullied by my basslet and six-line wrasse, so I caught both of those fish and put them in time out containers in my tank. I've arranged a foster home for them until I can get a tank set up at home for them (thought they were going last night but forgot it was Halloween so am planning on taking them tomorrow). I now believe the female did not make it. She is in the same spot that was in yesterday, back underneath the rocks at the very back of my tank. I honestly can't get a great line of sight on her and am using a mirror to check on her, but she appears to be lying on her side and doesn't move when I tap the glass with the mirror. I'm sure my clean-up crew and live rock will take care of the body, so I'm not worried about leaving her in there, but I am now trying to figure out what to do with the two fish in time out. Should I still send them to the foster home, or just release them back into the tank? I know they will pick on other fish, but the other fish have been able to handle them so far. I would like to add an anthias at some point and worry that these two bullies will bully the anthias; with these two out of my tank it would also free up more space for the anthias without having to increase my sump size. Anyhow, I'm just not sure which direction to take now. Any advice would be appreciated!

Sorry to hear about the female fairy...but I think that since you've already caught them, and you know they're super aggressive, I'd go ahead and get rid of them. Like you've mentioned, you're also freeing up more room for more fish.

Back