Help with ID

BLaw

Reefing newb
Currently cycling my 20 gal high with live sand and live rock and noticed a white film on a section of live rock, I would like to get some feedback on what the sponge looking thing is and what the white film may be. Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_20140423_063318_299.jpg
    IMG_20140423_063318_299.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 275
Thanks for the replies and compliment on the live rock, if there is some die off would it be best to remove it? I hate to as it is a unique piece but if its going to cause more ammonia issues I will. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Back in the 80's when we were bringing up 300-400 lbs of rock a week from Florida those chicken liver sponges were the first casualties. So one day we got a new kid in the shop and he picks up a beautiful piece of rock and sniffs it. What happened next haunts me to this day. He turned 5 different shades of green and projectile vomited all over the wall. I'd never seen anything like that before or since and hope I never do, lol.

Back in the 80's when we were bringing up 300-400 lbs of rock a week from Florida those chicken liver sponges were the first casualties. So one day we got a new kid in the shop and he picks up a beautiful piece of rock and sniffs it. What happened next haunts me to this day. He turned 5 different shades of green and projectile vomited all over the wall. I'd never seen anything like that before or since and hope I never do, lol.
:ROFLMAO:

Back