HH's DIY LED 10g reef tank

Yea I ordered from Mr coral. He had a double up sale for 1 day only. I ordered 14 and get 8 free. I need to get some more rock though so I can have nice spots to put them.

Jeez sick deals! Haha why do i never get some deal like that?!?! :grumble:
As for the LED pics, i love em, they give off such vibrancy. Awesome.:mrgreen:

Well the shipment has arrived. . .

IMAG0072.jpg

IMAG0071.jpg

IMAG0074.jpg

IMAG0073.jpg

IMAG0076.jpg

Holy frags batman! That algae looks like some for of macro algae but i could be wrong. Sweet frags tho thats going to fill up alot of empty space.

Those frags look AWESOME!!! And about the algae, Dana is right, its some kind of Clorophyta (green algae). Maybe Udotea spp. or Avrainvillea spp. ....????

Ok heres a question I have. What are some good practices to do with a zoa,softie,lps tank. Is dosing 2 part still important like with sps tanks. Maybe not to the same degree but some? I dont test for or dose calcium,mag, or alk but it has been on my mind but for coraline. White rocks are horrible to look at.lol.

If your keeping up with water changes, i wouldnt worry bout doseing unless it was a sps dominated tank. The coraline will grow as long as you have one rock to seed the others with.

Well I tried to take pics of the corals under the royal blue LEDs. Yea it's not happening, but they look great! The armor of God's look so hot! Man I need to find some kind of camera for you guys.

Just got rid of a decent point and shoot camera. They aren't that expensive now a days.. Shooting LEDs with a cell phone isn't gunna turn out the best lol.

Uh oh, looks like i may be losing one of my acan frags, half of it just looks all bloated and translucent. i think it may be melting but im not sure yet. i moved it to some shade so we'll see. huuuuuuuh

Hey guys,
How long does it take (average) for a fresh cut frag to start showing signs of growth. I'm just curious as to what y'all have observed.

my duncan coral grew over the cut portion within 2 months and now has 6 baby heads under the main one. 3 of which are on the side that was cut. a favia of mine is growing downward over its 4 fragged sides and within a month of having it, has grown maybe 1/8 of a cm

Boy oh boy, hermits do not like temp swings at all. I swear I have lost over half of my blue legged hermits due to temp issues. Damn the price of chillers!

Hey y'all,
So I have an idea to put an algae scrubber on this thing without the use of a sump. What if I find a way to raise the whisper filter off the rim some and put some kind of mesh or canvas where the return water comes into the tank? Would it even be sufficient enough? Just trying to think of a way to keep green crap off the glass.

Back