Ick?

Nate0712

Reefing newb
I have a royal gamma that started to have tiny specks of white that were on his tail fin it has progressed and now covers his body what is this?

Tiny white spots that look like grains of salt covering the fishes body and tail is ICK.

Unless you want to move all your fish to a QT tank and treat them with either hypo OR copper and leave your display tank empty for 8 weeks, your best bet is to reduce the stress level, keep the water quality high and make sure the fish is eating quality food and the fish should then be able to fight the ick on its own. But you will still have ick in the tank, just your fish are healthy enough to keep it at bay.

Also read this great thread on Ick. - https://www.livingreefs.com/oh-no-have-ich-do-do-t30950.html

From a guess looking at your signature, i think the stress is coming from having too many fish in your tank. How many and fish do you have right now?

Right now I have two fish I took my purple firefish back to the LFS and they gave me 20 bucks for it Then I had the pair of clowns and a royal gamma. Yesterday one of the clowns was found on the ground next to the tank he must have jumped out

Im sorry to hear that about the clowns :( But having several aggressive fish in a small tank can lead to issue with stress related illness.

Back