Is it possible?

SeanV76

Reefing newb
Hey i was thinking as I was staring at my aquarium is it possible to create a self sustaining reef tank? like it will need no human interaction? If it is possible do any of you guys have one?

Do you mean feed itself,filter itself and all that ,so you could just sit back and look in it without any worries
I say no way...you still would have to do top offs and feed it, even if it were only a few times a month(which i think some people are able to do)Not to mention monitor its temps and salinity

Besides ,that wouldn't be any fun ..to me anyway:lol:

Do you mean feed itself,filter itself and all that ,so you could just sit back and look in it without any worries
I say no way...you still would have to do top offs and feed it, even if it were only a few times a month(which i think some people are able to do)Not to mention monitor its temps and salinity

Besides ,that wouldn't be any fun ..to me anyway:lol:

I actually have been to someones house that had a 10,000 gal tank. He had the Acrylic custom built in his house, everything for the sump went under the house and into the garage which had an INSANE sump system, the lights were built into the house and all had their own air conditioners. His tank was self sustaining, he never had to clean anything or feed anything. It was intense.

I actually have been to someones house that had a 10,000 gal tank. He had the Acrylic custom built in his house, everything for the sump went under the house and into the garage which had an INSANE sump system, the lights were built into the house and all had their own air conditioners. His tank was self sustaining, he never had to clean anything or feed anything. It was intense.

Sounds perfect.

It was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. He literally had schools of fish and everything was breeding and I mean....seriously he had the fickin circle of life going on in there.

Back