little girl lion

PvtBercaw

Reefing newb
Our little dwarf fuzzy before we had her scooped up and bagged

20120103_114726.jpg

Too stinkin' cute! If I wasn't worried it would eat some of the other fish on my planned stocklist (like a goby) I would totally be putting one in my 90 gallon tank. Adorable pickup!

Ty samhain will be posting new picks when I get to acclimation and introduction.... wife thinks Nala should be her name ideas?

Both haha and thanks smitty she is in the acclimation bucket now and my wife dropped a feeder minnow in with her..... and she got it already holy moly hungry lil devil

Here she is in her acclimation bucket after she ate the feeder... you can still see the tail
20120103_145256.jpg

And here she is in the tank first few mins
20120103_172207.jpg

20120103_172340.jpg

20120103_172348.jpg

20120103_172403.jpg

I hope that wasn't a freshwater minnow. Alot of lionfish owners tend to feed their fish friend with animals from freshwater. Freshwater fish can pass on nasty little diseases to saltwater fish & eels. Cute fish too!

try and train it to eat frozen, and please dont feed freshwater fish because they contain fatty acids that the saltwater fish cannot break down, its like us eating nothing but potato chips, cute fish :D

i took me 10 days to train mine to frozen food, i miss em

Anyone have tips on training her to take frozen silversides? I've never had to train a fish to take frozen foods of any kind before

you can use tongs and hold krill by the tail and just wave it to catch its attention DO NOT SHOVE IT IN ITS FACE or try and force it to eat that will just make it loose interest , because in the wild the fish dont just come into its mouth, remember lions are hunters , half the fun is the hunt , make it look distressed because they are also opportunistic

also another way is get a piece of krill and with your hand just wave it just under the water surface to catch its attention and slowly move the krill across the water

during all this regardless of what way you choose , keep an eye on your lions eyes , if its interested it will follow the food with its eyes, its not easy and it is irritating at times but well worth it at the end. it took me 10 days to get mine to eat , and it was because he was starving, during the training process DO NOT DO NOT feed it live food or youll be back at square one, you could probably entice it to eat by soaking the krill in garlic extract

hope this helps

Back