Maybe a Wrasse?

damn I hear about a new wrasse everyday it seems. Are most wrasses less aggressive than the terrible sixline wrasse that I hear stories about.

I've never had an aggressive sixline. And my new leopard is uber passive. I think, in general, wrasses are passive additions to community tanks, but as always, you sometimes get a weird one.

50/50 to me is too high. As someone who gets attached fast, I would find it very hard to bring it back to an LFS. I dunno if I would want that situation. There are other wrasses that are more docile right?

I have found the most gorgeous wrasse in the world today

HARLEQUIN WRASSE
100_0232.jpg

Yeah harlequin tuskfish sure are pretty, but unfortunately they're one of the non-reef safe wrasses :(.

There's someone on here that has had one for a while. Can't remember who -- they haven't posted in a loooong time I think.

Annette at Saltwater Paradise told me you had to worry about them eating snails crabs and expecially shrimps.

my LFS has them in a tank with Lionfish, small sharks of some sort, an eel, and some Look Downs.

Here is the tank. There are different fish in there now than what is pictured. I think they changed it to an aggressive tank.

111606014.jpg

Last edited:
Damn one fish down. She fed him for me while I was there voracious is all I can say. Nasty little teeth too.

Back