McCoskers, flasher ,carpenters?????

grozier

something smells fishy
Is there a difference in these stupid fish? My son wants one from Petco but, they say they can only get the McCoskers wrasse or a Fairy Flasher wrasse. When I look at pictures they look the same so are they the same????
They sell the Carpenter flasher on the web site but they want 35 bucks to ship it:pooh:. When I call they say they can only order the McCoskers wrasse or the Fairy Flasher.
Why can't things just be simple?:frustrat:

I would order fish/coral from another place instead of petco. I've never had good experiences with them, and even when I walk in their stores they don't care about their fish or coral tanks. I see dead fish every time I go and overpriced unhealthy corals. I'd order from a more reputable site

He got a gift card from there for christmas but, I think i'm going to have to buy it from him and use it for equipment or something.

Definitely, use the card for some sort of equipment for the tank or another pet. I would go to a LFS that is dedicated to fish and corals, so you can ask them questions and see exactly what you're getting. But if you want to go the online route, there are plenty of good sites out there with reviews. They just make you pay for overnight shipping usually which is expensive as hell.

Fairy wrasses and flasher wrasses are two separate types of wrasses. There isn't one called a fairy flasher, it's probably just what they're calling it. Mccosker's and carpenters are pretty similar in body type and behavior, the colors are slightly different but that's about it. I wouldn't make a judgment on the PetCo if you haven't been there yet, some stores have decent fish sections other are atrocious. Stop by and check it out before you write them off.

Back