My New Capenter's Flasher Wrasse (Pic)

Dturner

Reefer Madness
Okay, Here's the backstory in a nutshell:
I bought a male Longfin Fairy Wrasse about a month ago--About a week ago I added a male Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse. The Fairy Wrasse did not like the new addition, proceeded to chase him out of sight every time he popped up, I thought the fairy wrasse would surely kill him with time. The Flasher went into hiding, completely out of sight, for over a week. I thought he was dead due to stress.

Last Friday, I decided to try and catch the Fairy wrasse with a net, so I fed flake food because it floats on the surface, waited for him to go up to the surface to eat and nabbed him with the net (very peacefully) Took him back to the store over the weekend.

Now the Flasher Wrasse is "back from the dead" swimming around happily, eating a lot, and just overall looks way better (more colorful by far) than the old fish anyway.

Hoping I can find a female carpenter's flasher soon, is that even possible?

Last edited:
Pretty guy! And excellent job catching the other fish, that is super hard to do!

Check out live aquaria, they might have one you can order or blue zoo aquatics is another one to look at

You caught a wrasse with a net? You are my HERO lol

I know right! It was actually super easy with this fish, only because he had never experienced the net and I also have experience from the last punk wrasse that I tried for weeks to get out.

Try my method out if you ever need to catch a fish, BUT make sure the one swipe is your only swipe, because once they learn, they won't make it so easy in the future.

i got one like 2-3 weeks ago, great fish!!! super hard to take a pic tho lol nice job :bowdown:

My Flasher Wrasse is actually being really funny, he is mimicking my new purple firefish, he goes up next to it and swims as still as possible in one place, so it made for a pretty easy picture. I've heard of them mimicking fish before, but didn't expect to see it in my own tank.

how can you tell if its a male or female?? how can i find out what i have?

The colors of the adult males intensify when in courtship, whereas the females coloration and overall appearance are more subdued. The females also do not feature the large dorsal and anal fins.

Back