NEW Lights???

Justinb2188

Reefing newb
ok so i now have my first set of lights so i can get some coral.i bought the solarxtreme 54w 4t5 bulbs the bulbs suck so i replaced the two blue ones with coralife HO(high output) actinic bluelight which are 54w now i just want to know how the whole light cycle works right now i have the led's acting as moonlight so i guess those are on all night but i have a switch where i can have all the lights on then just the actinic lights on then i could just have the white ones on then the led's so i didnt know if there was a certain order they should be on thru the night

Most people will put the actinics on about an hour before the whites come on, then leave all 4 bulbs on all day. then just the actinics for an hour after the whites go off at night. Most also leave the moonlights on 24/7 since they don't use that much power and last for a long time.

i just got these lights from my lfs and one of the white bulbs and a blue bulb which the blue i replaced so must be ballest im guessing they are flickering gets pretty annoying could there be a simple fix

Check to make sure the bulbs are seated in the end caps all the way. Sometimes if they are half way in it will cause that.

Back