Remora shark

mcmusashi5

Octopus Wizard
so ive been resaeching on them i found that they have a dorsal fin modifyed to be a sucktion cup, they are carnivores and they need a big tank. any other care that you can tell me of

a large tank is putting it mildly. They get big fast. They are messy. Unless you are converting a pool into a tank I would not pick one up. As divers we dont care to see them because they usually come with a bigger "friend". The bigger they are the bigger their friend is.

Almost all sharks come with an "experienced only" care label. That means even if it arrives dead you will not be reimbursed. IMO they are best left in the ocean.

I would have to agree with everyone.

although just some advice, if you are buying sharks and the place won't garrantee live arrival then you shouldn't buy from them, that just means that they don't know how to properly ship them. There are places that have been studying and keep sharks for many many years and they will garantee live arrival.

my advice on sharks is don't get them...yes i have one but i have the whole aquarium at my disposal and i've been working with strictly sharks for 7 years. they are very very delicate and the remoras are not even something to consider for a home aquarium at all. I can't believe there are places selling those.

A remora does have a dorals that is like a suction cup but they are by no means a shark. They are both fish but two totally different familys/bodysetups/species.

Remoras grow, VERY rapidly, if you thought a panther group grows fast (which in about 2 months can be 1ft large already, and still growing) you've seen nada! At the aq we've had a few remoras and typically they are just pests. They tend to leave sore spots where they've suctioned onto larger creatures and usually when there are big remoras around, you better get outta there lol. Remoras only tend to hang around large fish, whales, sharks, etc. I would just stay away from them. you'd have to convert a whole very large sized swimming pool to even be close to their needs as far as space... not to mention a special diet. They are pooey :p lol

sorry to burst your bubble on that... but i'd advise staying away

Mike, Mike, Mike! Always wanting something exotic! Can't you bring yourself to be happy with a fancy Tang or something of the like? :mrgreen: :lol:

I had a remora attach to my neck once while diving :( Everyone tried to get it off underwater, but it wouldn't budge. I had to surface and get out of the water before it would detach. Talk about a hicky.

that is human nature i guest or maybye i just have too much curiousity i guest i should stick to cephilpods

its alright, I always wanted crazy animals as a kid, heck I STILL do! I'm actually getting ready to move (like this week ahh!) and am considering getting a skunk :) always have wanted one of those boogers ;D

I had a remora attach to my neck once while diving :( Everyone tried to get it off underwater, but it wouldn't budge. I had to surface and get out of the water before it would detach. Talk about a hicky.

OMG really, I would never have thougt that one would do that. where were you diving

its alright, I always wanted crazy animals as a kid, heck I STILL do! I'm actually getting ready to move (like this week ahh!) and am considering getting a skunk :) always have wanted one of those boogers ;D
but its crazy i should be happy that i specialize with cephs, i guest its because i dont have an octo or cuttlefish right now. i guest i should get one lol

Sharkie,those skunks make pretty good pets as long as you get em de-scented.I had one as a kid that thought she was a house cat.:D And didnt have to worry about unwanted company either:mrgreen:

see thats what happens when you paint the white stripe black. The smell goes away. At least thats what I remember from Loony Toons:mrgreen:

Back