Stag's 125 build

So here are a few pics of my place and where the tank is going to go.

At the front door.
DSC01528.jpg

Down the hallway going into the livingroom/kitchen
DSC01529.jpg

and where the tank is going to go.
DSC01531.jpg

The stand is going to match the floor.

so ive got a list of fish...let me know what you guys think

2 clowns
1 royal gramma
1 blue and yellow tang
1 yellow tang
1 naso tang
1 whitecheek tang
1 powder blue tang
1 one spot foxface
1 lawnmower blenny
1 orange spotted goby

those choices sound good but what do you mean by a blue and yellow tang? and also i would be careful adding the powder blue and the whitecheek since they are such ich magnets, they are the best candidates for a good long quarantine. also make sure the goby and blenny are not added for a awhile since they do eat off of the animals living in the sand and you want to give them ample time to build up so your goby and blenny dont starve

oh a yellow belly. have a fun time finding one, thats all i gotta say. um i would defiantly put the clowns in first since they are the hardiest and im not saying ditch the powder blue and whitecheek im just saying be careful

scratch the whitecheek and Im thinking about adding anthias but I dunno..

any imput anyone. I know you love them reef.

also I ordered 3 koralina 3's and some little stuff from the dr.

These are my suggestion(of course,you don't have to listen).

A 125g is a decent size but 5 tangs and a foxface in addition to the other fishes is going to put a strain on the bioload.It's possibe,just going to take some additional maintenance-more and larger water changes maybe.I'm not sure how and in what order to add the tangs.I forget what family the whitecheek belongs to but the rest belongs to different family of tangs,so that's a good start.I can say,the naso first because it really is the most peaceful.BTW,even the naso alone will eventually outgrow a 125g.

One male/two females of bartlett or lyretail anthias would be nice.They are/can be bioload taxing,especially at the beginning.You may need to feed them multiple times a day when you first get them.Both are super easy,as far as anthias goes,both will eat just about anything.

the whitecheek and the powder blue were in the same family so I just took the whitecheek off the list but I still want the powder blue.

I think I might just take off the naso and add the anthias.

I guess the naso will have to wait till I get a bigger tank, which will be in a LONG time.

I was just looking at some smaller fish other than the naso and the Chevron tang looks freaking sweet.

ok Updated list...
2 clowns
1 royal gramma
1 hippo tang
1 yellow tang
1 powder blue tang
1 kole yellow eye tang
1 lawnmower blenny
1 orange spotted goby
3 anthias

and thats it. suggestions?

In my tank, I have 4 anthias - 3 lyretails and one sunburst (aka fathead). Like Freak noted, they need to be fed frequently, because they often arrive at the LFS or your house starved half to death. But after you "fatten them up" initially, you can cut back.

I now feed my anthias once every other day, while most people recommend feeding them 3 to 4 times per day. It took a while for me to cut back to that level though, and so far so good. Then again, I have a large tank and a large fuge, so I'm pretty certain there's no shortage of live food consistently being added to my tank anyways.

yeah I never really knew much about anthias untill I went through all of freaks build thread and I just really liked them.

It wont be a problem feeding them. Ill be around the tank anyway.

So the sump is being built this week and will be shipped next tuesday.
The tank is coming in tomorrow so the stand will be started thursday and the lights are coming in friday.
My RO/DI unit should be here anyday.

Im pumped!

Back