thinking of a biocube 29g

so i was just reading up on the nano cube a it says it doesnt come with a heater and an after market cant be fitted is this true cuz i dont wanna buy this if it true

I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to put a heater in there -- the back compartment will fit one fine. The lights are fine for most corals, softies and LPS.

Yea I have my heater in the back return chamber. I have a 100w in there so yea they fit. I love the LED because I can keep any type of coral, even SPS and clams.

I've got a 200w heater in mine. Also, the HQI has more than enough light for anything you want to keep and is a much more affordable option.

nice and a skimmer is there a built in skimmer

Its not actually built in, its a nano skimmer and from what I have heard from others who have that skimmer, its a piece of junk. Also as long as you keep up on your water changes, you really don't need a skimmer.

What I like about the LED version is you don't have to worry about heat or replacing bulbs for like 5 years or so.

I hear that alot but, I run my MH light for 8-10 hours a day and I have no issues with my tank getting temp spikes. Not having to replace the bulbs every year would be nice. One thing I haven't seen tests on (and I think it would be an interesting test) Will LEDs lose PAR value or shift spectrum after a period of time.

does the biocube a skimmer or is it the same deal i dont know whay but i like the biocube better then the jbj nano

Actually they say that the pretty much stay the same, then go out. One thing about the LEDs they actually have a better PUR level than the MH's.

does the biocube a skimmer or is it the same deal i dont know whay but i like the biocube better then the jbj nano

Basically it comes down to, pick what you like, but base your decision on what you are going to want to keep in there. Some corals need more light than others.

so wait what has better lighting the jbj nano or the biocube cuz eventually im gunna want anemone and lps and sps

I hear that alot but, I run my MH light for 8-10 hours a day and I have no issues with my tank getting temp spikes. Not having to replace the bulbs every year would be nice. One thing I haven't seen tests on (and I think it would be an interesting test) Will LEDs lose PAR value or shift spectrum after a period of time.

You also have a much larger volume of water than would be in a biocube. So the water takes longer to heat up. Also, Those lids on the AIO systems tend to be pretty tight fitting. This makes the heat even worse.

As for the LEDs, everything that I have read says that they keep the same spectrum, but after 10 years or so, the intensity decreases to 70% of what it is initially.

But that is 10 years of not having to buy bulbs. The biocube is one gallon larger in volume that the Nano. Nano is 28 and the Biocube is 29.

Back