1'' overflow

this it what mine looks like the drain is 1in and the return is 3\4
004-2.jpg

is 600 gph going to be enough filter for my tank?

It is enough through the sump.You will still need additional flow for the main tank either from powerheads or a close loop system.

How far does the water need to travel?I wouln't use a submersible pump to pump from a basement but if it's pushing water from under the stand,a Mag 12 will work.Heck,any in-sump pump that can push 1000-1200gph at zero head height will be enough.Quiet One,Eheim...

At 12' of head, that pump is going to do about 1000 gph. Be careful. That's more than your oveflows can handle.

You are also going to have to do some extra plumbing. That pump has 1.5" connectors.

well the return is going to have 2 90deg's in it and is going to go into a y for a wavemaker.that will be 900 psi off of the pump.thats what the people at the dr.s say anyhow.so if it is to much they said they would take it back.so we will see i guess. thanks for all the help.

Ooooohhhh... Nevermind then :)

Inside your overflow box, you should have a place to connect the PVC drain, right? If so, you can modify that so it's not gulping down so much air.

Back