10 Gallon Nano Build.

PringlesLFE

Mmm...Salty.
Ok so enough dicking around. I FINALLY got my hands on a camera,(an old Canon SD400 my girlfriend gave me since I bought her a much much better one last year).

Trying to get used to using it to take pics...much harder than I expected lol.
Anyway, current specs:

(2) Ocellaris Clownfish
(1) Cleaner Shrimp
(2) Astrea Snails
(2) Trochus Snails

Using my Aquaclear30 I stuffed with Rubble and Chaeto. Still need to upgrade lights. Debating on one more piece of LR or not. I'm still gonna change the aquascape a bit to coverup equipment.

The purpose of these pics are more of a before/after thing, Once I get more things going on in here, I want to be able to track the progress. :Cheers:

37330_1292893085797_1334370138_31456663_5899575_n.jpg

37330_1292893165799_1334370138_31456665_7164490_n.jpg

37330_1292893125798_1334370138_31456664_6538150_n.jpg

Cool tank. I'm somewhat considering setting up a pico using an aquaclear filter as a fuge at my office. Glad to see someone here has already done it.

damn, how do you have the luck of pairing the clownfish together again. actually paired ones are always so damn expensive and i'm not sure about just buying two randoms cause im afraid theyd fight it out. looking good though. i'm thinking maybe a bbq next weekend. what you tihnk?

Quick update time!

Complete livestock list:
  • (2) Ocellaris Clown
  • (1) Cleaner Shrimp
  • (1) Sixline Wrasse
  • (1) Lawnmower Blenny
  • (2) Trochus/Turban Snails
  • (2) Astrea Snails
  • (5) Nassarius Snails

-I realize I'm pretty overstocked for a 10gallon but yano what? I think it could be a lot worse. :^:

I've always wanted a lawnmower blenny..kinda sucks i waited until I was workin on a 10G to get one but He's awesome. The Cleaner shrimp and lawnmower definitely have the most personality.
I'm having a really hard time grabbin a pic of the sixline wrasse and working with an old Canon SD 5megapixel camera doesn't help.:grumble:

But it's better than nothing!

Dropped in half an algae wafer just to see what would happen and everyone seemed to take a quick pass at it. (glimpse of the sixline's light green tail between the clowns). No luck with seaweed on a clip though. Whatever lol.

Last edited:
IMG_9049.jpg

IMG_9026-1.jpg

IMG_9051.jpg

IMG_9068.jpg

IMG_9064.jpg

Dropped in half an algae wafer just to see what would happen and everyone seemed to take a quick pass at it. (glimpse of the sixline's light green tail between the clowns). No luck with seaweed on a clip though. Whatever lol.

Next up: Lights + Corals

Nice additions.:D
Just keep a close eye on that wrasse.In that size tank,he MAY become extremely aggressive.

nice stuff. what helped my fish find the algae clip was a couple of drops of garlic extreme. it helped my fish realize it was food.

you better not be paying for the seaweed from the petstore. theres dried nori at the hong kong supermarket

my fish arent interested in the seaweed so far, except the red line cleaner shrimp, he looooooves it. Great looking tank though :D

it is VERY overstocked, but its more fun that way ;) following rules can suck sometimes!

They are all small fish with lower end bioloads...Just keep an eye on parameters and do your WCs and you should be fine.

So my Lawnmower wasn't eating for a few days but after garlic dosing the tank, i caught him nibbling at an algae wafer and some of the clown's hikari pellets.
I'm still considering giving the lawnmower to Aftershock just because he has a lot more LR than I do for naturally grown algae.

I'm considering using my old 2.5 Aqueon gallon tank to raise copepods in to feed the lawnmower.

You've got to try to get the lawnmower eating more veggie matter -- they won't get the nutrition they need from pods, since they are a primarily herbivorous fish.

Back