125 t5 lighting

hibye

Reef enthusiast
ive decided to get t5 instead of mettals halide becuse too much het.also do you guys know any 36" or 72" t5 that can keep sps and other coral under 600$ please

A problem I can think of using T5s for a 125 gallon tank is the depth of the tank. T5s don't penetrate well, and therefore are better for shallower tanks. I think a 125 might be too deep for T5s.

A problem I can think of using T5s for a 125 gallon tank is the depth of the tank. T5s don't penetrate well, and therefore are better for shallower tanks. I think a 125 might be too deep for T5s.

t5's penetrate better than pc lights and look at reeffreaks tank, t5s have great penetration, but hard to find a 72" setup unless you get one from aquacntics.com

You good with T-5s untill you get to 25" and deeper.

yote is right, i have a 125 gallon and there only 22" tall plusi have 3" sand bed and lr stack up high so you could go with t5's i am as soon as i get some more ot at work and save some more.

Thanks for sticking up for my lights Dfrench.I think Biff is hating on my lights.

A T5 with individual reflectors will penetrate a 125 gal. just fine.
D gave the link....I would avoid the first fixture,a 72'' T5 bulb are rare(here in the US)and very easily broken.

IM000903_858175.JPG

yup back from march i got new pics since algae problems are getting better all thanks to the best stuff i have every found for reef tank its called SAT.

Back