125g here!

wontonflip

I failed Kobayashi Maru
I picked up my 125g today!!! It's used, but it's got 2 predrilled holes in the built in overflows in the corners. I'm so EXCITED! But this might be a yearlong project before I even put anything in it. I'm going to buy each piece of equipment one at a time so i can get the very best. I haven't tested for leaks, so hopefully it has none. Since the 100 gallon we bought (for $25) yesterday has a leak, we will strip it and reassemble it. Just have to find the right sized trim now. Then it will be our sump. This one will definitely get a build thread once I get it in the house LOL

We're trying to figure out first where in the basement to put it. we decided we will put it with the width against the wall, so we can enjoy more of it. It will be a sort of room divider. So I guess, first thing we will be doing is building a cabinet. The first one we built went very well, except we never put in the side doors, and we don't like our rushed staining job. This time, we're going to strip the carpeting in the area we will put the tank on, and lay down linoleum. And as much as my husband originally did not want to drill into the utility room, right now, he sees the tank's size and is excited at the prospect of using the utility room for the sump and top off area. Yay!!

Might as go ahead and post some pics of the tank too.That way we can all watch it progress from a glass box to a reef.

Ok, but there won't be anything to show but the tank in all its mucky glory! LOL I figured I was going to wait until we got started on building the cabinet. Such picture whores we have here :) *guilty*

I just hope it has no leaks.

It wont take long to fill it up with fresh water to check for leaks.Just do that in the driveway just in case:D

Back