14 Gallon BioCube Ideas

Bifferwine

I am a girl
I want to drag my old 14 gallon BioCube out of the shed and set it up... It has PC lights (nothing special). What should I do with it? What should I put in it? Any cool ideas?

Ever thought about doing a non-photosynethic tank? And put in just plain actin bulbs?

The have some really awesome gorgs that could go in there, along with sun corals 'n stuff.

I haven't thought of that. Non photosynthetics are difficult to get in my neck of the woods. I rarely see gorgs or sponges for sale at my two LFSs... I don't really want to get into anything that I have to rely heavily on the internet for, you know?

A ric/mushroom breeding tank?

I have always wanted to set up a tank that had LR rubble filled half way up, then just fraged shrooms. Then taking said shrooms and selling them either to the LFS for credit or on craigslist.

Well, in that case, you'd be limited by what your LFS has to offer. Anything cool there that you just haven't wanted to try in your 90?

I had a ric tank in my 10... That's not a bad idea, setting it up again in the BioCube. I would have to order those online though. My LFS only ever has green rics, and prices them at $20 a mouth. :(

Brian. I'm asking YOU for cool ideas! Because I don't know what I want!! :cry: :lol:

If your LFS only has the green ones, get some nice color morphs, frag them, then go get some store credit for em:mrgreen:

Maybe a dwarf sea horse tank?

Brian. I'm asking YOU for cool ideas! Because I don't know what I want!! :cry: :lol:

I know that BUT

I don't really want to get into anything that I have to rely heavily on the internet for, you know?

We have no idea what you LFS sells :mrgreen:

The non-photosynthetic or maybe even a cold water tank would have been my idea as well.

What about doing a seahorse tank?

I could keep seahorses in it. That would be a great idea! I'd have to do some research on the type of seahorses that could go in that tank... I'm far from a seahorse expert...

Christian's going to be like, "Seahorses?!?! GAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!" Poor baby wants sharks, puffers, rays, lions, and eels. :lol:

Here is the pinto.

erectus_th.jpg

I could keep seahorses in it. That would be a great idea! I'd have to do some research on the type of seahorses that could go in that tank... I'm far from a seahorse expert...

Christian's going to be like, "Seahorses?!?! GAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!" Poor baby wants sharks, puffers, rays, lions, and eels. :lol:

Then I guess he needs to start working on your 5000 gallon tank!!!!

What about a pistol shrimp/goby combo? would make a interesting 14 gal "little predator tank" and you could get some corals still

Back