2 little shrooms for $5

OhNoNemo

i love triggers
Saw them in the tank shoved over in the corner and said i'd give him 5 bucks...deal...there is actually a little baby one on top too:lol:

the other ones were gone(hairy and plate)
4883710046_27f05900c5_z.jpg

Well, i plan on adding another angel to the mix,when i either build/buy my bigger ,longer tank....so i figure my coral options are very limited,plus i only have two 2x t-5 fixtures(4 total bulbs)....there not that bad looking ,are they??

Not bad looking at all. I love mushrooms! You may want to add some ricordea to your tank -- your fish will *likely* leave them alone. Here is a good site for rics:

Coral Morphologic - Live Corals

Leathers are something that angels usually stay away from. There are a lot of different types of leathers and they would look neat.

Thanks for the link:Cheers:,those are good prices when compared to the LFS i am now forced to go to...They also throw in trigger snacks,err..., i mean hermit crabs with every 5 bucks spent..Can't beat that...will any or all of those rics be OK under my lights??

Yeah rics have the same lighting needs as regular shrooms. They may do better placed up high in the tank, but they should be fine. They definitely don't grow as fast or spread as quickly as other shrooms, though.

Looks like you got a deal on shrooms. I'm looking at a 3 1/2" rock with 10 heads of blue shrooms and thinking about giving em 70 bucks for em.

plus i only have two 2x t-5 fixtures(4 total bulbs)....
What is your total watts? I have four PC bulbs 65 watts each over my 90gal four foot tank. Would this be similar to what you have, that schrooms should grow for me? I would love to add a touch of coral to my FOWLR in the future?

What is your total watts? I have four PC bulbs 65 watts each over my 90gal four foot tank. Would this be similar to what you have, that schrooms should grow for me? I would love to add a touch of coral to my FOWLR in the future?

For shrooms you got plenty of light. Shrooms really don't need alot of light to grow.

here they are now...the 3 biggest are about 2.5 inches across
there are more babies underneath too...
must be at least 15 heads now...,,,,would this be considered ,slow ,decent,or good growth...IYO??
also,i have red ones which don't seem to be multiplying nearly as well.....so IDK??
5349947648_a8c9981bea_z.jpg

Last edited:
for some reason my red ones dont multiply very fast either.

I have BRIGHT red ones that I have had since I set up the tank that have gone from 1 to 2. woopee!(sarcasm)

and my dark red ones have gone from 1 to about 6 in about a year.

btw, awesome looking shrooms :)

yeah ,my reds have actually been dropping off and now i have little pea sized ones scattered about the tank(probably about 10) ...which is fine,but i have no idea if thats normal or what...because the blue ones don't do that

I've also only ever had bad luck with red mushrooms. My purples, blues and greens do fine. But every time I've tried red mushrooms, they don't seem to like my tank and eventually shrivel up and waste away.

thats so weird .....
the original rock my reds were on definitely has less on it,but like i said, they are popping up in other parts of the tank....and my rics are doing great too...must be something about the reds i guess

I've had a rock full of reds in my tank since October, and they haven't done anything either. The only coral I've seen any real growth of is my pusling Xenia

Back