20 Gallon Long Nano

PringlesLFE

Mmm...Salty.
Hi, my 20L has been up and running for almost three months now with 20lbs of LR, LS, and Emperor 280 (Temporary until I finish building my sump)

Current stock list is only:
(1) Ocellaris Clown
(1) Four-stripe Damsel

I would like to soon add:
(2) Firefish Goby
(5) Dwarf Cerith Snails
(3) Turbo or Nassarius Snails
(5) Blue Leg Hermit Crabs

Hi and welcome to the site. Just go slow one fish per month so your tank doesnt spike or anything.

i like what you want to stock your tank with but your hermit crabs might eat the snails for there shells

lol so I've heard as well.
I wouldn't mind not including the hermits, I really have no preference regarding my cleanup crew. Anybody have recommendations on a good combo of cleaners?

if you go onto live aquaria .com they have good reef packages and saltwaterfish.com( i dont reccomend getting anything from there) but they will give u ideas

Hello and welcome to the site. I think with your tank size you'll need to be careful with the size and quantity of fish you keep. 2-3 maximum IMO.

If you do add the firefish, add them together. 4 fish will probably be the absolute max as far as the number of fish you can keep.

On the CUC.A hand full of different types of snails,a few hermits.Make sure that you have at least one star.Either a serpent or brittle,and 3 or 4 shrimp.
That way you have the bases covered.

Thanks for the replies. Today I went out and bought myself:

(1) Firefish Goby
(2) Cerith Snails
(2) Margarita Snails
(1) Nassarius Snail

Also, my friend decided to add my 4-stripe damsel to his 30G FOWLR setup in his room....he shall be missed.

It's been a good six hours since I bought the firefish and I still haven't seen him once :-| Hope he's just taking a while to get comfortable in this tank. (it's basically just the Ocellaris, Firefish, and snails.)

I drip acclimated them and turned off the light the entire day after I put them in. Will post pictures soon!

good luck with the margarita snails I didnt have much luck with mine they died in about 2 months

Margarita snails are a cold water species. In a reef tank, they slowly boil to death. It's not unusual for a new fish to hide for the first few days to a week. It will take the fish a bit to get used to its new surroundings. Try feeding it and see if it comes out.

It's okay to tell the truth, Ted! I think all of us have mistakenly bought margarita snails at one point. I honestly don't know why they're even sold.

Damn lol. I noticed one of them's already kinda stopped moving.
With my stock list...what would be a good balance of temperature? I'm at 80.3 F right now but lowering as i'm typing this.

Well the one good thing all my hermits got nice new shells out of the deal. :D There is always a bright side.

I think 76 to 80 is a good temperature for most things in our tanks. Most important is to minimize the swings in tank temperature. Try to keep it within 2 or 3 degrees in a 24 hour period.

I stayed up all night studying for an exam in an hour, physically and mentally completely dead.....BUT

Although one of my Margaritas does indeed seem to have "boiled", my Firefish Goby has been coming out and exploring the tank this morning! Extremely happy to see it!

and the clown doesn't seem to mind the goby sharing it's territory at all as well.

Happy camper:^:

Back