2000 dollar coral

In the immortal words of Frank Barone...

"HOLY CRAP!"

60880.gif

That thing is beautiful! Not $2k beautiful though.

Drs. Foster and Smith Diver's Den - Chaetodon daedalma
Drs. Foster and Smith Diver's Den - Centropyge interrupta

Way over my budget, but prices like this are not uncommon for something rare. We see it all the time (above) on divers den. Now, if I was freakin loaded would I buy stuff like this for my tank? probably not, but if I had to choose a $2k coral or a $2k fish, I would choose the coral......you can't frag a fish......just saying.
For $2k, I would rather hire someone to clean my tank and do water changes for a year and then spend the leftover money on a big old lazy boy recliner and put it right in front of my tank and watch them work while I enjoyed the view, but hey, that's just me.

Those are all really nice corals. If you had a large budget and needed "that piece" or "that fish", then do it. I also think you could easily make that money back by fragging, but the fish is just money tossed away unless you breed.

I would think long and hard about spending more than $100-150 on a coral, but I would consider a lot of things. The ORA clowns I want are $350 each and Im getting them when I set up my 50 gallon.

Did you get it, Fast? It's beautiful!

No. I know for a fact as of right now, he already has higher offers than 420.00 per eye if he frags it.

Honestly, this is no different than buying a small colony of JF My Miami, or the BPC Flame Thrower. But are high dollar chalices, and run between 350.00 and 450.00 an eye.

The biggest draw to this particular coral for me, is the Orange rim, that you just don'e see.

AquaSD has one called Iron Man that is similar to this.

Fastrd's tank and corals that he has posted pictures of are awesome. He could probably buy that coral and in 6-9 months make 2-4 frags off of it that would recoup most of his money. Fastrd in playing in the majors, while I on the other hand am batting 9th on a highschool team.....Fast, if you do it be sure to post some picts of it. It is an amazing coral.

It says out of stock on the site??? Oh yeah I bought it.... nah just playing but it does say out of stock.

Dang that thing is worth more than some peoples cars. BWahahaha

my fav fish is a Majestic Foxface , sooo glad its not too expencive ( compared to the once were talking about here )

There's no difference from the " baby" bull shark(they describe it as a separate species) and gives no scientific name to compare to,to a normal bull....IMO sharks are best left in the ocean

i still would like to buy it
if people have tiger and lions as pet why should zoo and aquarium with staff by the only ones to keep shark

Last edited:
Back