$2000 to spend on reef lighting

M3AN ONE

Reefing newb
$2100 to spend on reef lighting what should I get

Tank demensions are 72x18x27

looking for something I can hang from the ceiling

I really like my new Kessil A350. It doesn't have the program-ability of the Radions, but it looks great hanging from the ceiling and the corals seem to like it a lot. Reviews on them are some of the best out there for growing corals as well. Check out my 60 gallon cube thread if you'd like to see it.

I think the A350W can do up to 36"

I'd look into the new radions that are coming out, or the AI Vegas. I would think 4 units would cover your tank. Both brands are modular, so if you need to add more units in the future you can. You could also look into the Kessil lights.

I highly recommend Aquatic Life. Their fixtures are within your price range, I paid roughly $1200 for mine, and I really love it.

Personally I don't really like AI. If I was going to do LEDS I would go with the ecotech Radion. I think the new Aquaticlife LED fixture is worth a look too, same price as the Radion.

The AI Vega's will cover a 24x24 area no problem. I am running the Sol's right now and covering that footprint without issues, and the guys and AI specifically said the design target for the Vega was a 24x24 area, so you can probably cover a slightly larger area with them.

I have been very happy with my Sol's - the one issue I had with them was a lack of a full spectrum (which was common when I bought mine). The Vega color addresses this issue. I''ll be upgrading mine through AI once they come out with the colored puck customizer (you can pick the color of the LED's in each puck, so you can fine tune the color to whatever you want it to be)

In your price range though, I'd definitely be looking at the Kessil's, the EcoTech Radion, and the AI Vega's

EcoTech Marine recently dropped the price of the Radion XR30W to $599.00 (from about $750.00 original).
I'm not sure if the price drop is permanent or just a promo. I did check several major online retailers and they all dropped their prices too.

EcoTech Marine recently dropped the price of the Radion XR30W to $599.00 (from about $750.00 original).
I'm not sure if the price drop is permanent or just a promo. I did check several major online retailers and they all dropped their prices too.

oooooh wow..that would be awesome if it were permanent! I'm hoping to have a nice end-of-year and had my eye on radions :D

I just got my radions last week at a good price. I am quite happy with the 2 on my 90 gallon. Several sellers on ebay offer free shipping and the obne I bought through includes a hanging kit if you order 2

the sellers ebay name is deelhy
Thay have them now for 599 also and include the hanging kit with 2 and free shipping

Back