28 gallon nano day 14

Pilotkev55

Reefing newb
Update on now day 14 of my 28 gallon nano. I spent most of this week in Hawaii. I bought a automatic feeder for my one clown fish in the tank. Came back today, fish is doing fine. Water test showed that amonia is 0, nitrates are 0 and nitrites are very low the color of the test water is a light honey color. I do have have some red algae and some bright green almost neon color algae forming. I was given the advice of testing for magnesium and calcium. Also I guess I can take a small tube and suck some of the algae off the live rock. Water was a little warm at 79 degrees when I got back also. Any other advice would be great . I guess I should post. A photo as well.

The photo finally posted but it's sideways

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 286
I have one clown fish and some live rock. I think it might be time to get a clean up crew also to help eat the algae is some more advice I have gotten. I want it to be a reef tank with a small amount of fish

I'd only recommend 2-3 fish anyway. And, the standard lighting for the biocubes are good for all softies/lps and some easy sps (Montis/birdsnest). I'd also recommend a all snail clean-up crew. And some shrimps: Peppermints/Cleaner :p

Back