40g Predator

Jmck

Reef enthusiast
I thought it might be time to remake this thread as this tank started off becoming a frag tank but is now my predator tank.

here are some pics of how it started

004ywe.jpg

001rwf.jpg

156so.jpg

002tn.jpg

Aquascape has changed because i took all the rocks for my DT :P

newaddition016.jpg

newaddition013.jpg

newaddition010.jpg

newaddition020.jpg

Water is not clear at the moment because ive been playing with the rocks.

newaddition018.jpg
:bounce::bounce:

thanks guys, got a huuuuuuuge way for these guys to grow. but thinking of doing some corals and at the moment the thick spined urchin and abalone are the only cleaners in the tank.

3000 litres per hour, its just more than a koralia 2 and a koralia 1 on the left. There not much.

40gallon tank cage :)

and thanks everyone :) I was going to make a bigger rock mound starting a little further towards the middle and going higher on the left side of the tank

I thought it might be time to remake this thread as this tank started off becoming a frag tank but is now my predator tank.

here are some pics of how it started

004ywe.jpg

001rwf.jpg

156so.jpg

002tn.jpg

Aquascape has changed because i took all the rocks for my DT :P

newaddition016.jpg

newaddition013.jpg

newaddition010.jpg

newaddition020.jpg

Water is not clear at the moment because ive been playing with the rocks.

newaddition018.jpg
:bounce::bounce:
Josh I love it, simply got to do one for myself, I came face to face with a Lion fish recently in Egypt while snorkling:zombie:, quite frightening

Allen

Josh I love it, simply got to do one for myself, I came face to face with a Lion fish recently in Egypt while snorkling:zombie:, quite frightening

Allen

Where did you go snorkeling in Egypt? I used to live there, and would go scuba diving all the time at Sharm El Sheikh. The Red Sea is AMAZING for diving!

Where did you go snorkeling in Egypt? I used to live there, and would go scuba diving all the time at Sharm El Sheikh. The Red Sea is AMAZING for diving!
Yes Sharm,been there 6 times, always go there just before Christmas, but I only snorkel, cos i can only go for a week never had the time to learn to scuba.

Thats pretty awesome, I didnt know there was good scuba diving in egypt. Might have to go onto my to do list :D

Thanks Allen, I love the Lionfish, my LFS currently has about 5 medium to large sized ones :D its fairly awesome

Egypt has some of the best scuba diving in the world. It's very pristine because it's not as popular a tourist destination as other reefs around the world. Their reefs are immaculate. Best diving I have ever done, and I've done a lot of diving.

What is the best place to dive there sarah?

I need to actually send my scuba license in, its 1.5 years since I didnt the certificate but never sent the completed form in.. not good. :P I might do that today

I dove mostly in Sharm El Sheikh. It's a pretty nice resort down. My dad and I used to rent boats and just go out diving in the Red Sea for a week at a time. Some of the best diving we did off of boats is near the Sudan/Egypt border because it's such a volatile and dangerous area, no one is there!

Back