55g my first tank ever

ok guys im looking into my lights again. mine old ones broke now i have a shop light over it with t12 marine bulbs but i have found an Odyssea fixture for not to much can anyone tell me about this light??? o yea i got my skimmer it is a hand me down from a friend and is a sea clone. i hear they suck but you can mod them and make them work well, help?

What kind of Odyssea fixture are you looking at? I've read that some of their older fixtures were bad about catching on fire.
For the seaclone.Their not bad on small tanks ( 30gal and under ).But its not gonna do much on a 55.I'm not even sure that you can modify em enough to really make a difference.

its a new one i dont know to much about it yet. i know it is t5 with 4 bulbs plus moon lights vent fans and a built in timer...as far as the skimmer before me my friend bought it not knowing anybetter for his 75. it had been on his for like a year or two and he won a bigger one at a raffle so he gave me that one

well i walk in the house today looked at my tank for a few and said to myself "self its time to stop sittin on ur ass and add fish so i turned around went straight to LFS and bought my clowns ill have the pics up soon my camera comes home from work. next thing everyone needs to know is im fighting for a 25g bio cube that if all goes well i will have on the third.

ok guyy did my first water change ever today, and it sucked, i gotta water everywhere, all i had was one 5 gal bucket and well long story short i learned exactly what not to do, so i guess it can only get better from there

as for the tank i have been slacking on my up dates but i got two fancy clowns about a week and a half ago, i got rid of my aptisia at least most of it anyway, and i brought home a saddle back butterfly today...as soon as my tank clears up ill get some pics up

im thinking real hard on something to DIY to make water changes lil easier since i am working on my secound month in this hobby and have a 55, a 24 nano, and am about to get a 60 hecta tank. this is worse then a drug habbit hahahaha:bounce::bounce::bounce:

I'm not sure what you're doing to change the water but I use a siphoning hose and put the end in a 15L jug . The only thing I have to watch for is when the jug is getting full (learned that the hard way). Then it's as simple as putting the new water in.

I'm not sure what you're doing to change the water but I use a siphoning hose and put the end in a 15L jug . The only thing I have to watch for is when the jug is getting full (learned that the hard way). Then it's as simple as putting the new water in.

well i used a siphoning hose and 5 gal bucket but i am thinking some kind of pump and a rubbermaid box where i can pump out the tank then mix water and pump back in

my clowns and my new butterfly. ill post more when i get my new rock in sometime this week

Attachments

• SANY0194.jpg
    SANY0194.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 231
  • SANY0192.jpg
    SANY0192.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 221
  • SANY0196.jpg
    SANY0196.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 260
going to get the rest of my rock in a few hours then some aquascaping. but in the mean time i have this one huge rock i think i want to cut or break or something cause i dont think i like it being the way it is. how is the best way of cuting it?

sorry its been so long my time has been all wrapped up in my nano lately it has been problem after problem but as for the 55 i got screwed on my LR so im now looking for lock again but my birthday lionfish is on order and should be in soon just wanted to give a little up date ill have pics in a bit

Back