57g rimless aka "the mistress"

well, went by live tanks on wednesday and got a killer deal on some banggai cardinal so i picked up 3 to hopefully make a pair. also grabbed a sweet zoa. now i need a macro lens for the camera. i finally got around to doing a water change cause the tank was a lil cloudy and everything is looking really good. think i'm going to grab a few sps and see how they do this week. heres some pics. and thanks again for the awesome deal @live tanks.
IMG_8227_zps3800c33f.jpg

IMG_8234_zps5a5f3d72.jpg

IMG_8231_zps54bd0aff.jpg

Which wholesaler down there went public? And, do they ship?
I'm always looking out for new wholesalers to use :).

Proaquatix wants too much money for their clowns. You're better off looking for a local breeder lol. You can usually get them fairly cheap :p

Which wholesaler down there went public? And, do they ship?
I'm always looking out for new wholesalers to use :).

Proaquatix wants too much money for their clowns. You're better off looking for a local breeder lol. You can usually get them fairly cheap :p

Space Coast Corals and Fish, LLC
150 Venetian Way # 109
Merritt Island, FL 32953 Phone: (321) 452-8300
I believe they'll ship out. I've got a friend who knows the owner of proaquatix who can get just about any pair clowns for $90. Snowflakes, blacker ice, platinum, and etc. it's great knowing people who buy really nice stuff. Lol

well, now for some bad news. all three cardinals are dead. got off work and only saw 2 cardinals. figured the other 2 paired up and killed the other one and find him under the rocks. couple hours later i see another clown swimming funny and kinda of bopping for air at the top of the tank and knew he wasn't going to last the night and sure enough he was gone in 3 hours stuck to the powerhead. turned the mp40 down to barely nothing figure the flow was to strong. the third one find a spot and was swimming there until i got off work the next morning. find him in the same spot the 1 one was at. basically almost gave up and posted everything for sale. lucky for me nope really showed any interested in anything. decided to keep it for now.

now for an update thats good. i sold the mp40 to get this nano tank a lady is selling on a local forum. all this for $275 figure i can use the light for my frag tank. rodi unit is sold to another member for $100 and most of t he coral in the tank are mine from when i sold my 90. funny how that works.
Deep Blue rimless 7.5g
Reef Breeders dimmable LED
Aquaclear 20
Koralia Pico PH
Stand
BRS GFO-1lb
BRS Carbon-1lb
3/4 Box 25g Reef Chrystals Salt mix
Air,Water&Ice Typhoon RO/DI
12-15 lbs LR and sand included-all coral and hermits, snails also. List of coral on Coral and Liverock.
attachment.php

attachment.php

live stock
Neon Green Trumpet (7 heads)
Torch Coral (2-3 Heads)
Acan 1-multiple heads
Acan 2-5 heads
Favia (2 heads)
Grande Paly (5 polyps)
Duncan (apprx 6 heads)
2 smallish Monti Caps
Superman Monti- well encrusted
2 Unknown SPS
3 zoanthid frags
Neon green Leather
Pom Pom xenia
6 Ricordea
attachment.php

well, now for some bad news. all three cardinals are dead. got off work and only saw 2 cardinals. figured the other 2 paired up and killed the other one and find him under the rocks. couple hours later i see another clown swimming funny and kinda of bopping for air at the top of the tank and knew he wasn't going to last the night and sure enough he was gone in 3 hours stuck to the powerhead. turned the mp40 down to barely nothing figure the flow was to strong. the third one find a spot and was swimming there until i got off work the next morning. find him in the same spot the 1 one was at. basically almost gave up and posted everything for sale. lucky for me nope really showed any interested in anything. decided to keep it for now.
It's really sad that all your fish are dead. I'm sorry for your lost.:(

thanks. it does indeed. hopefully i can move this tank and not kill any of the sps she has. figure out why my tank is still coudy

I hope you can find the reason soon, and you can add some new fish to it. Do you think that is maybe because of something the rocks are releasing into the tank?

I hope you can find the reason soon, and you can add some new fish to it. Do you think that is maybe because of something the rocks are releasing into the tank?
i don't think it cause the cardinals death.i'm thinking it was the amount of flow in the tank that casue it cause the coral are all doing good. and i know a few other members on here having cloudy tanks and fighting with it for months. and its something to do with the cycle i believe.

i don't think it cause the cardinals death.i'm thinking it was the amount of flow in the tank that casue it cause the coral are all doing good. and i know a few other members on here having cloudy tanks and fighting with it for months. and its something to do with the cycle i believe.

So it was the flow then. Too strong for them I guess.

Man that sucks Matt...I am in the same boat frustration wise, hang in there and def still do a tank

thanks. i guess we're both in the same boat. i think yours is a lot worse (sorry). i sold the mp40 yesterday and stuck a hydor k1400 in there for now. getting that nano tank tomorrow. can't wait for that.

Back