5months now can I?

get an RBTA? my tank has been up for almost 5 months everything seems to be doing great the reason I am asking is my buddy's just split and asked if I wanted it. I do want one I just am not sure if I should or wait for the next one or not? thanks

I had an established tank for over a year and got an anenamie and it still died:death:. my tank still wasnt ready. anenamies are sooooooo sensative to all sorts of changes and will blow up your tank if they die so please:bowdown: wait awhile longer.

How stable are your parameters?
If the nitrates are 0 and staying 0.PH stable,temp within a degree in 24 hours.Then I think it would be alright.
Just keep in mind that anemones are one of those animals that just cant handle changes and can cause all kinds of problems when they die.

id wait another 3-7 months

are you kidding? first, 3-7 months is a huge window. and secondly, a BTA is relatively easy.... he should be just fine as long as his stuff has been steady, and he feels comfortably watching his parameters.

if his tank has cycled, both nitrogen and algae cycles, then he's fine. i honestly don't believe that keeping your tank exactly the way it is for the next 6 months is going to make any difference in stability if you are already fully cycled.

Back