75G startup

Hmmm....well one mp10 wouldnt be enough.

Designed especially for nano-reef aquariums, the MP10 from EcoTech Marine is a small yet powerful pump. The MP10 is ideal for tanks from 2.5 to 50 gallons tanks. Creates gentle flows of 200 to 1,575 gallons per hour, helping the tanks feel more like the ocean.

At least on the lower end...Marine depot has two with the battery back up for $740.

Mp 40 is $465 for one no back up...Either one would be really nice, I was just thinking it would be cool to have the alternating effect. but is it worth 300 for that and a back up battery?

Last edited:
I just like the different modes and now that I have an Apex controller it will do wonders

question though, my ammonia is still at 8ppm and now my nitrites are climbing with the ammonia...I thought ammonia would go down before the nitrites would climb

I have tried a water change to get the ammonia below 8ppm but it didn't work and neither did the dose of Fritz, does that sound weird? I just wanted my ammonia at a less toxic level

You dont have any live stock in there just let it run its course. Since the nitrites are increasing the ammonia will start to fall but it can take a few days. I dont remember if you did the shrimp thing or not. If you did and havent removed the shrimp then do so.

Stop doing water changes. Let the ammonia or anything else get as high as it wants. When the cycle is over it will be 0. Doing water changes just makes it last longer. Patience is a virtue.

That being said, nice find. Tank should look great.

I will stop messing with it...just wierd that I have 8ppm on Ammonia, 5ppm on Nitrites and 20ppm on Nitrates

I got some diatoms last night as well

Don't do any more water changes for at least another week, and even then I wouldn't recommend it, if your tank has no fish or coral there's no need to do a wc. Just be patient and let it cycle..

See...dont you just love fish tanks, just when you are going to start throwing stuff they surprise you.

I know right...crazy that 2 days ago it was 8ppm, my nitrites are off the chart so looks like she is in the middle of cycling

hopefully, can't wait to get something in there...prob going to do the CUC first and then wait 2 weeks for the first fish

I would reverse that...get one hardly fish when the cycle completes then get the cuc. Many people drop a bunch of snails and crabs in then dont get any fish for a while. The cuc eats up the diatoms then start dying off because there is nothing else for them. Inverts are also more sensitive to water parameters then fish are.

Back