75G startup

Naw...I have had salt tanks since 92....I have made some major mistakes...so I do tons of research.

I am trying to do it right the first time, def doing my research

hey I have this little bug on my glass, it's a tiny oval looking thing...almost looks like a snail egg, it's white and has a brown center

copepod maybe?

DSC_0100_zpsadaa7dde.jpg

look directly in the center of the picture, looks like a piece of rice...brown center with white outer ring

sorry, the camera was pissed at the lighting

not a pod...some kind of snail or nubbranch...Cant tell from under side...can you see anything from top side?

hmmm....wonder if its a small stormilla snail. I have a bunch that hitchhiked in....If you can see the top they have a tiny shell almost like a finger nail. If it is its a good guy...

great looking rock work, but make sure those rocks cant fall. If they do fall they can kill livestock or worst, break your tank.

oh I tested them...I shook each piece and no movement, it took me hours to get them stable

I can smack and push down on them hard and nothing moves

tested nitrites and nitrates a little bit ago and the nitrates have jumped to 30ppm...should I start seeing a fall in nitrites soon? they still read 5ppm or higher

Back