a billion pics comment please... later on

Some of the most vibrant and beautiful colors I've seen in corals.. two thumbs up! :bowdown: Newb comment/question, why don't you scrub off that purple stuff on the back of your tank?

the only thing i try an keep clean is the glass :D thats the most important thing to keep clean an it keeps a great line of sight for everything in the tank. the purple coralline algae is good that means good stuff is happening in your tank. i also have it all over my rocks they r mostly purple now

Hey sup everyone sheesh its been a few months, i just picked up my new chiller. i been eliminating or trying to eliminate everything minor that can lead to huge problems so now i can keep my water temp around 78 degrees, instead of my usual 81-86. i got a great deal 200 bucks, they sale them for 350+ so i couldnt pass up on that.

on the + i cant hear the thing at all.

DSC00421.jpg

DSC00422.jpg

DSC00423.jpg

ty yote, my hair algae came back. an i think it has to do with my temps. i got another sea hare an this guy is lazy or something the last 1 was a beast eating up everything this one is a bum.
i got the complete set up for that price yote, the hose kit and the extra pump :D

Last edited:
fishsticks I love your tank! amazing! I really love the dendros. and the plate corals are awesome too! im glad I have my 10 gallon now. it will be much faster to grow corals in than in my huge 180. I just picked up a ricordea that looks identical to yours.

sweet alex do u have a link to your thread? have you started one? if so keep me posted thanks again
Fishsticks, I feel like Ryan, I too just barely found your thread today. dont know how it got past me. In fact I text Ryan and asked him if he had seen it and told him he HAD to check it out.

Anyways here are the links to my current tanks. Sorry for length on the 180 thread. its been setup for quite some time so there are many many pages.

https://www.livingreefs.com/180-gallons-up-nwkrc-t10165.html

and my 10gal.

https://www.livingreefs.com/contest-alexander-t21025.html

sheesh alex the tank is huge, i too want one.. the LFS owner told me when im ready to call him. 120 gallon set up.. tank, stand, skimmer, MH, chiller, sump, etc... for only 1,500 he owes me big time. he sold the same set up for 6grand i wanted it but i dont have room for it. i think by next summer i should have it, it should be one sweet set up cuz i only like tiny frags so if i get the 120 gallon it will have every color possible an since the LFS gives me frags it should be a skittle factory.
man an im goin to need tons of help i know nothing about setting up a huge tank like that with sump an fuge an other stuff. but my room will need a huge make over pull out the carpet an stuff an blah blah.

Thanks man. Yeah the 180 is a lot of work. Eventually I would like to get more corals. however I need to get my algae situation together. been trying to. its an ongoing battle.

Im happy I have the new 1o gallon. I really want a "fresh start"

same here, i got rid of it once. but i had temp problems an i got one hungry seahare. now i have a chiller an one lazy seahare. i stopped using facet water for top offs i now use r/o an now with a chiller i wont need fans an the top offs r way less more fans hot water = lotta evap water..
hey in ur pics u had one of those spikey things i was told they r good at eating away hair algae

i picked up another seahare took back the lazy one, this one seems to be eatting away at it, tomorrow ill post some befor and after pictures of how seahares work away at hairalgae

Back