A couple new additions

lightcs4

Loving to learn
Thought I would share the newest members of the tank ....

crocea_clam_small.jpg

acan2_small.jpg

acan1_small.jpg

Thanks Piggy!

I just checked the Acans and they have feeders out :mrgreen:. Looks like they are ready for the long haul.

Very nice clam. Looks like a crocea. They like very strong light. You should try to move it up in your tank.
What kind of lights do you have?

I have 250 watt MH with PC actinic bulbs. I started it in the middle of the tank, but it kept jumping off the rock. It seemed happy on the sand so I moved the rock to the sand and it has stayed there. I plan on moving it up a little at a time as it gets settled into the tank. I already have a placed around the upper middle of the tank picked out.

Super nice.But gotta say,the clam is my favorite.Thats the first PRETTY green clam I've seen anywhere.

I moved the clam up a little. It still has plenty of green but the blue shows up more now. It really adds to the tank.

Nice stuff lightcs4. I have never seen a clam that green.

Thanks.

I doesn't seem as green when I move it up a bit, although still a lot of green. I still have it on the bottom of the tank (on a rock) since it keeps ending up on the sand each morning :frustrat:. At least it seems happy and opens up real big.

Thanks. I'll try to get one tomorrow. I just shut off the lights. The tank is only in it's beginning phases and doesn't have a lot in it (I like to take it really slow - and don't have a lot of funds for it anyway). I did get a small HOB fuge and made a 6" - 7" sand bed. I'll try to get a shot of it.

OK, here is a new shot of the tank. There is algae on the back and sides, but I tried to get the front fairly clean. It's nothing like I see in many of your pics, but at least it is on its way.

fts_4.jpg

fts_1.jpg

And a couple of additional pics of the corals in the tank:
Montipora (can't remember exactly what kind)
monti_1.jpg

Frogspawn - Doing so-so. I just found a new, very small, head.
frogspawn_1.jpg

Duncans
duncans_2.jpg

Candy Canes
candy_canes_2.jpg

Acans:
acan_1.jpg

Stylo:
stylo_3.jpg

Hope that isn't too many for one post.

Back