A couple pics of my Tank

jimymac

Reefing newb
Tank is now 32 days old. I have 40 lbs live sand, 35 lbs live rock. The white shit on the 2 rocks needs to be cleaned off.

100_0878.jpg

100_0879.jpg

Last edited:
I had some Aiptasin growing. I used the stuff to kill it off. I have now scraped it off the rock. I did not want that crap to take over my tank. I had like 8 sprouts out of one rock.

Good start.
And James is right.You'll end up hating those blue spawns of satan.

now now yote!! some of them damsels aren't all spawns of satan ;D my lil blue is really chill and friendly with the other fish.. its a 50/50 thing

HAHA
Sorry Sharkie:lol:
But the last damsel I had,which was a yellow tail,We put in the tank with some good sized predators at the store.There was one big grouper,trigger,and 2 big eels.
The yellow tail devil keep even those big fish in hiding.:grumble:

The Damsels are only a temporary deal. Something to help start the tank out with. The big blue one thinks he is king, he dominates the other 2. I really want to get a lionfish, probably a dwarf. I had a dwarf in my last tank and he did really well, tank was only 29 gal. My question is can yo place 2 dwarf lionfish in 1 tank? If not I would like to have some sort of eel to put in there with 1 dwarf. I think I have plenty of air movement in there, I have my big Emperor and a Penguin 550 which I leave fully cranked until feeding time.

The problem your going to run into with 2 dwarf lions,is water quality issues.The same with a lion and an eel.
Predators are messy eaters.But if you can stay on top of water quality managment,then it can be done.Just be perpared for the extra water changes to keep everything in check.

Thanks for all the help, I am taking note on everything you all say. I still have not made up my mind, but am sold on at least 1 lionfish(dwarf that is). Don't know what else to put with it, maybe a small eel.

go with a snowflake eel :) i have one and hes great, we also just picked up a 5in chainlink eel and he seems to be pretty chill... just be forewarned if you didn't know already eels are very rapid growing and will eat a ton. my snowflake Kona (15in) eats 1-2 whole shrimp a day (the small ones) and every once in a while i'll give him some crab... the lil guy right now (kilamenjaro) will only eat mysis but hes still a baby... you have to have pretty spot on water conditions but they are pretty sturdy too... Jaro found a way out of my sisters tank and we found him later under the dresser covered in fuzz but still wriggling away and popped him right back in and hes doing fine :) just do your research on em.. i personally think they are great additions

Back