A Model AFT Tank!

Bifferwine

I am a girl
Okay. My tank has been suffering from some serious tank neglect for the past four or five months. I used to do 10% water changes weekly. Now it's lucky to see a 10% water change every two months. I haven't even been bothered to scrape off the front glass lately. And cleaning out my pumps and powerheads? FORGET ABOUT IT!! Needless to say, my blenny and tang are two very happy campers, and surprisingly, I've seen more coral growth during this time period than the entire time I've had my tank. They must love those extra nutrients! Not only has there been a massive amount of coral growth, but I have also witnessed an ALGAE EXPLOSION!!

I realize that sharing this information with you all may cause serious damage to my Super Poster credibility here on Living Reefs. But this is a risk I am gladly willing to take in order to show off something very special to me. The ideal of what an AFT tank SHOULD look like! Because if this is not the tank of the President of the AFT, I don't know what is!

Because I love Freak and Redline so much, I am graciously giving them the opportunity to post their beloved "I can't see any pics" and "This thread is pointless without pics" images. My tank lights are out for the night, and I'm too damn lazy to go turn them back on. So I'll post pics of my beautiful swamp tomorrow! Get ready to be wowed.

I spare you Regis this time but I'm not sure Red will.I am absolutely dieing to see the master of AFT at work.

Hurry,hurry,I need a good laugh!

worth.gif

It's not laziness, Salty... I've just been spending a lot of time ahhhh "reflecting" on my life lately. Oh yeah and I have two regular jobs, plus this summer I volunteered to help out with a third job, a full time PhD courseload, a dozen pets, a month and a half of vacation time I was out of town for, three days a week of martial arts, one day a week of pool league, and a divorce going on, it's been kinda hectic! I'm not lazy... I'm just trying to keep myself busy outside of my house. Which is where my fishtank is. Which, having said all that, I question how on earth I spend so much time on Living Reefs?!?! :Cheers:

Last edited:
Don't forget that your here all the time.

I wanted to use my David Hasselhoff and Gary Coleman,Knightrider pic but the mods deleted it.

I wanted to use my David Hasselhoff and Gary Coleman,Knightrider pic but the mods deleted it.

That's funny. They didn't delete any of my half-naked Hasselhoffs. Not even the one where he's completely naked and all oiled up with only a couple puppies covering his manly bits!

Okay here goes... Are you all ready?!?! I SAID ARE YOU ALL READY?!?! I am very proud of my "creation". I even scraped off the front glass for you guys this morning :D. Hahaha. In some of these pics, there aren't even rocks under there, it's just algae growing on algae!!!

0507001-1.jpg

0507002-1.jpg

0507003-1.jpg

0507004-1.jpg

0507005-1.jpg

0507006-1.jpg

0507007-2.jpg

Okay, you've all seen the "BEFORE" pictures now! Let's see how long it takes me to get the tank back to how it was three or four months ago. Using no chemicals whatsoever! Just good old fashioned tank husbandry skills. Do you think I can do it? I know, it's going to be a challenge, but I want my nice tank back! I think I can do it!

LOL..it doesnt looks so bad...those corals are doing great considering..and fish looks very healty...i know you can do it dr.bifferwine,..good luck..

Yeah the corals are doing better than ever! Which is weird, since my nitrates have been running between 50 and 60. I thought they'd suffer, but they are growing really quickly and actually have better color now than they did before. For months my trumpet had lost its green color and my bubble coral shrank a lot, but then when I let my nitrates and phosphates get out of control, the bubble came back and the trumpet got all its color back too.

OMG!,WT...?,ROFLMAO,GGA(good god almighty!-I made that up)
rotfl.gif

Your not the prez for nothing!Its like a tropical rain forest.Maybe that Hippo will do you good,after all.

worshipnissan.gif

You see, this is just to show HOW GOOD I AM!!! Because the tank is going to look absolutely AWESOME when I'm done cleaning it up!! You guys will want to hire me to take care of your algae problems! Seriously though, I don't even think my powerheads are running anymore! They're all clogged with algae! I cleaned them out last week and all the algae actually clogged my garbage disposal! Which still hasn't been fixed... Ahem... Neal.

I also forgot to mention that my display tank almost overflowed last night because my overflow was clogged with algae and I kept on adding top off water to the sump, not realizing that no water was getting to the sump!! I pulled the fish guard off of the overflow and all this water gushed through and the sump kept rising and rising, I was like, "HOLY CRAP!" and started bailing water from the sump with a cup. That's when I realized, "Man, I may have a problem." When the algae is causing your tank to back up and overflow, that's not a good sign!

Back