A Model AFT Tank!

I'm sure you can do it..... but its going to take a really long time. hell I have been fighting an isolated rock for months..... still not cleared up.

oh and I would have totally posted the I cat see the pics last night.... your lucky I was out on my motorcycle all night or you would havegotten it :)

and additionally if you got a treo like me you could spend all your time on LR outside of the house!

Redline, I'm going to get revenge on you for sending me sausages in the mail by sending you a big fat envelope full of algae! Why didn't you send me a Treo if they're soooooo great??? :p

WOW you will start a cycle if you remove all that algae at once ! lol
I think your tank has grown to depend on it ! Get a hippo to help out with the load . tho it will be a fat ass by the time its over !

the Kenyas are Huge!

Last edited:
Yeah I started with one tiny little Kenya that was about two inches tall. That thing started dropping babies like crazy, I couldn't keep up with them, and the damn things ended up taking over that whole rock.

Biff,
You ought to bail all that algae up in square bales and sale if for hay.I'd say you got enough for 10 or 20 bales at least.

Biff,I like to see the master at work.Clean,scrub and labor til that bad boy is cleaned up.Come back here and show an ''after'' pic.

The tang and blenny won't touch the hair algae. Neither will the turbos. My sea hare (Jessica, RIP) did an awesome job on hair algae... Until she got sucked up in the powerhead while I was on vacation.

I was reading your thread and just could not resist posting a reply here to let you know the part about the cup and sump and how well you explained the situation left me on the floor for quite a while. I have nothing to add to the description as a rain forest. lo. Good luck.

Back