A New way to remove Phosphates and Nitrates

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
Ok so I know there are some of you who do not think Dr. Tims products work but through my experience they have done exactly what he has said they would.

This is a new product that he has recently released. I will be purchasing it and it will most likely take the place of my carbon reactor. I am going to email him next week to make sure this will be able to take its place as well as the additional benefits of not having to use GFO anymore.

Here si the link

Biodegradable Polymers - YouTube

Sounds like an interesting study, and he sounds like he knows what he is doing...but as soon as I saw the common problems, I lost interest. Let us know how it goes.

I think most of those common problems are things that can be avoided by making sure you don't just put it in and never watch it.

I am not so sure people will ever encounter most if any of them.

I will be emailing him for a clear explanation on each one before I even buy any . The only one I am concerned about is the dead corals. The rest if you do it properly cam easily be avoided by being on top of things.

Yeah, the sudden death of corals is what scared me also...if you try it, definitely let us know the results.

That's not really new. Bio-pllets have been around for a few years now. I've been using them for about a year. I can't really say they did much of anything in my system, but I never had a problem with nitrates or phosphates.
They will not replace carbon. They serve 2 different purposes.

That's not really new. Bio-pllets have been around for a few years now. I've been using them for about a year. I can't really say they did much of anything in my system, but I never had a problem with nitrates or phosphates.
They will not replace carbon. They serve 2 different purposes.

Those are not biopellets they are comparing them too biopellets.

This is nothing new, bio degradable polymers are just another name for bio pellets, they appear to work for some systems but not others. As Ccapt said, it won't replace carbon

When I watched the video I was under the impression it was a new kind of thing and I thought he pointed out the difference between bi-pellets and this stuff.

I will have to to add that to my intense scrutiny when I email dr. Tim.

Why make a new study and do all the research for something already available. Why introduce it at shows also.

I am just wondering why bother.

I will ask any questions you may have if you post them.

In the video, he stated that it isnt new, but there havent been any comprehensive studies on its effectiveness.

Look at around 1 minute 30 seconds. Thats where he says how long its been around.

His product might be new, but it has been around for a while.

Last edited:
When I watched the video I was under the impression it was a new kind of thing and I thought he pointed out the difference between bi-pellets and this stuff.

I will have to to add that to my intense scrutiny when I email dr. Tim.

Why make a new study and do all the research for something already available. Why introduce it at shows also.

I am just wondering why bother.

I will ask any questions you may have if you post them.

There are several types of bio pellets on the market, it could be that he came up with a different type of polymer that may work better than those on the market. I'm not saying it doesn't work - all I'm saying is that this sort of thing has been around for a while - thats all

Yeah I understand that. I am glad for the input. I am not just gonna buy or use anything without asking you guys as well.

Back