a tour of my 225 and equipment

That is a beautiful tank. A dream tank for me. Awesome job, you should be very proud and show it off as much as you can...I could sit on the couch and stare at that thing all day :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

That is a beautiful tank. A dream tank for me. Awesome job, you should be very proud and show it off as much as you can...I could sit on the couch and stare at that thing all day :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
I agree. My husband and I sat together looking at all the pictures and videos last night. We want something like that so badly. Very nice set up and from what I can see, great house!

simpsonhomerdrool.jpg

wow i hope to one day have a tank as beautiful as that O.O , i cant believe i've missed this thread

just a question , is your display tank a bare bottom? i cant seem to see the bottom to good looks like it is

Last edited:
well after all kinds of hassle, and having to go with a different skimmer than the hurricone, i will be picking up my new skimmer this week

Super Reef Octopus XP-8000 External Cone Protein Skimmer

skimmer.jpg

Super Reef Octopus® 16” External Cone Skimmer
* Dimensions: 24”x20.5”x38”
* Rated up to 1500gal.
* Features the new Bubble Blaster HY10000S 130watts 97% efficiency Max Flow=2600gph
* High quality machine welded cast acrylic construction
* High performance design
* Recommend 1200gph feed pump.
* 3 year warranty on Bubble Blaster pump. 1 year warranty on skimmer. Lifetime warranty on support.

my tanks are all linked together, i have a little more than 400 gallons total system volume, with a pretty heavy bio load, most skimmers can do about half what there rated when you put then under strain

Back