A Yellow Percula with White Stripes

Tetra1

Reefing newb
So, I went to check out a local saltwater store in town and there they had a rare all yellow percula clown fish with white stripes. It was so beautiful, yet, the story behind it was very sad. So, when I inquired about the fish apparently it had a mate and some not knowing idiot put this rare pair in a tank with an aggressive Tang that tore its mate apart now there is only one. What a shame, it could have meant a lot of happiness for many if they had bred them. So beautiful. If it is still at the store next week I will take a picture of it for you all to see.

Kat :shock:

I didn't know there were yellow clownfish...the only "yellow" clownfish I've seen are the ones at Petco and they don't look very healthy ;) Would love to see pics! I hope your LFS isn't just trying to sell ya a sick fish. Then again, there are lots of rare finds out there...like the lightning maroon clownfish...now THAT's pretty.

I didn't know there were yellow clownfish...the only "yellow" clownfish I've seen are the ones at Petco and they don't look very healthy ;) Would love to see pics! I hope your LFS isn't just trying to sell ya a sick fish. Then again, there are lots of rare finds out there...like the lightning maroon clownfish...now THAT's pretty.

:lol: ,yeah ,those are the petco clowns i see too:shock:.....whenever i peak at the SW section at my petco i always leave shaking my head

:lol: ,yeah ,those are the petco clowns i see too:shock:.....whenever i peak at the SW section at my petco i always leave shaking my head

Weird though, huh? Their tanks (at least the ones in my Petco) are SUPER clean looking. But like someone said in a previous thread -- you never know where they get them, and maybe some of their suppliers resort to violent ways of flushing them out.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies, this clownfish to me, looked more like a maroon clownfish gone yellow. Now, this saltwater store is the best in town and let me tell you, that clownfish was not at all sick he was swimmingly happy and robust. This place gets a great deal of their saltwater fish from Australia. I have never seen such beautiful fish. So, probably not the ones from Petco being that this store only carries saltwater fish. They only specialize in the saltwater hobby. I know one of the former owners and they are very serious about their fish. Thanks for all of the comments though. Oh and I will look at my local Petco to see what you are all talking about!

Weird though, huh? Their tanks (at least the ones in my Petco) are SUPER clean looking. But like someone said in a previous thread -- you never know where they get them, and maybe some of their suppliers resort to violent ways of flushing them out.

Mine too,but crystal clear water doesn't mean healthy water ,ya know...also almost every time i go there ,they have signs on all the tanks saying:" fish under observation not fore sale "
Anyway tetra sounds like a good looking fish,maybe get a pic when you can

I will go to the store when I get back from vacation and I will take pictures of all the beautiful fish that they have at this place. They are something else, quite a sight to see.

Heh when I worked for Petco, we scrubbed tanks EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. But there were also nitrate readings of roughly 50 ppm on a normal basis. And phosphates were horrifying, they use a really lame filter for fish water. It's basically just a carbon filter.
So that's why the tanks always look so clean.

As far as where the fish come from, most likely Segrest farms in Florida. Decent place but it's definetly no ORA.

Back