acro

Jmck

Reef enthusiast
I bought a healthy acro the other day and after 2 days in my tank one tip looks a bit bleached. all important levels are perfect, lights art strong enough. calcium is 430 and alk is about 9 after i brought it up from 6. are there any other reasons it might not do well?

what are your lights? and how high in the tank is the frag it may be too high and too close to the light... also what do perfect levels mean? post levels and lighting info, as well as tank size please thanks

duud tank is 60g. perfect levels means 0 nitrites, nitrates, ammonia. ph at 8 to 8.2. pgosphates 0
I gave you alk and calcium level. lights are 2 HO t5s and a 150 watt mhalide. its place midway up the tank. I feed with brine, mysis, rotifers and a liquid with algae and meaty foods in it especially for coals and filter feeders.

i suppose you could try to move it down. although whats the wattage of your t5s? that doesnt seem like a ton of light

haha thats so funny i stepped away from my computer and then stepped back to type that in and you had said that hahaha thanks... well it does seem like a good tank but what about the t5?

duud the lights are 29 watt so my tank is looking at about 4 watts per gallon thanks to individual reflectors.

alright well more is always better... perhaps you could upgrade just your ballast so you could run a 250 instead of the 150? that would help your acro a ton.. but i dont know why its bleaching... is it turning white? or lightening?

You said you brought your alk up from 6 to 9. Was the acro in the tank during that increase? If so, how long did it take you to increase to that level?

the salt is a bit high, I've heard all different things about salt level and a lot of water around the world fits this bracket I'm using. I might drop it though.

I don't want to upgrade lights when its meant to be good enough. it could be breaching or lightening but only the tip of 2 stalks are looking a little lighter. ill get a pick tonight because im at uni. is there anything I'm missing here to keep acro's?

the coral was breaching slightly before I brought up the alk. I don't know if 6 is dangerously low for acro's? it was brought up over about 48 hours.

In reef aquariums 1.024-1.026 is ideal for the corals. This according to "the conscientious marine aquarist" an almost bible for modern day reef aquariums. I wouldn't worry about changing your salinity if I were you.

Back