Addicted

yeah for sure, i had a good laugh:).i wish i was a nurse, but im 15 i do odd jjobs to power my saltwater addiction.

Nursing is a great profession, and trust me, you'd never want for work! It's a super high demand field with lots of different avenues to pursue. In addition to the regular hospital nurses, there are nurse anesthetists (six figure salary, HELLO!), nurse practitioners, home health nurses, psychiatric nurses, legal nurses (nifty sort of field where you do most of your work from home, enabling you to enjoy your tank that much more), telenurses (another work-from-home option), forensic nurses, school nurses, etc. ad nauseum! I work ICU and ER, and I love it.

But, just as in our little tanks, nothing really good happens quickly IRL either. For the most part, if it's worth it, it's a lot of work, time, and dedication. And hey, I think we all started out doing odd jobs to fund our hobbies! Mine were babysitting, lawn mowing, and dog walking. A friend of mine has a son that takes trash cans out to the curb for people for 1$/week/house. He just makes the rounds of the neighborhood on the night before trash day and earns about $100/week. It's great for those of us that routinely forget, as well as the elderly that can't manage those huge cans.

I wouls defienitely do your research. I have learned my lesson with tangs. Although I put it in a smaller tank (fish store never warned me) he got ich and I will not put another in my tank until it is established.

I wouls defienitely do your research. I have learned my lesson with tangs. Although I put it in a smaller tank (fish store never warned me) he got ich and I will not put another in my tank until it is established.

Oh yeah. I know that they need big ol' tanks, and I'm not taking on a tang until I have more experience and an established tank. When I get my big tank, I'm going slow on the build and addition of fish. I'm not going to scrimp on the important stuff, like lighting, rock, skimmer, and sump/fuge. I tend to get very attached to my pets, so I want to make sure they life long, healthy, happy lives! And with our fish, that means providing the optimum environment for a captive lifestyle. I'm getting experience with my 50 gallon build, learning about things like filtration, lighting, algae, water quality, etc. So hopefully, when I get my big tank, I make fewer mistakes, have fewer set-up issues, and happy fish!

Back