adding a clown

parrotchute

DUSTOFF MEDEVAC
Hey guys -
for those of you who don't know, I have an established 75 gal with a few fish, to include a tomato clown. I was thinking of adding another clown recently, either a tomato or a percula.

I know clowns don't react favorably to others, but with only having one (i.e., the possibility they become a pair) and having a big, sparely populated tank, will this necessarily be a problem?

If I get a smaller percula clown, will the tomato likely have a problem with it, or are they sufficiently different in size/appearance to not cause a problem?

Thanks!
A

A 75 gallon is not large enough to house two different types of clowns, IMO. Stick with a tomato clown that is either much smaller or much larger than yours, and the chances that they'll get along is pretty good.

Stick with same kind. This weekend I added a small black clown maybe 1.5". The now female in my tank took him right under her fin. She's a good 3 inches and is plumpI thought he/she was ready because of the finning of the sand and gumming of my duncans before the tank switch. Now the two of them go everywhere.

A 75 gallon is not large enough to house two different types of clowns, IMO. Stick with a tomato clown that is either much smaller or much larger than yours, and the chances that they'll get along is pretty good.

I agree. Make it the same. Two different kinds will probably not work.

Back